1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Monthly donation reminder September 2009

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Ramon van Rijn, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Summer is almost over and the busy winter season is about to start.

Nice league racing coming around, lots of race events and then this annoying donation reminder again :)

As always its not a must to donate, but very appreciated to keep our services running and staying alive.

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. Not trying to cause an argument or anything, Im just interested in what your expenses are? :)

3. I'm not involved in the running here but I would assume the expenses are dedicated server costs, web hosting and file hosting for a start.

4. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Also know that there are no ads in this forum.

5. Allright, I was just curious cause no other forum Ive been a member of have had any donations, despite being ad-free. Up until now, Ive always thought the facebook and youtube logos were ads :p

I have no idea how much it costs to run dedicated servers but €400 sounds like a lot of money when other forums are able to run pretty much "for free".

Anyway, thanks for replying :)

6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Emil, I think you might be getting confused with the forum, and the high speed dedicated servers that we use for all our racing events and leagues.

The forum on it's own would be very inexpensive.

But forum isn't what the donations are for.

7. Thats what I meant :) I come from a "videogame background" and Ive never had to worry about setting up servers and such. I have no experience or knowledge about it.
    The way I thought it was handled was that some of the mods on the forum had an extra computer running a dedicated server just like you and me could with our own computers.

8. 10 euro underway, hope we can reach the goal this month. :)

9. Hi guys,

Here in Croatia PayPal does not have any debit cards connected to their service and I feel quite unsafe to attach my AE card to it (pretty new to online shoping) and was just wondering how is Yours experience with PayPal and AE, is there maybe monthly limit possible at PayPal just to sleep better, try to find answer in PayPals FAQ but did not find any...would love to donate but dont want to risk bancruptcy cause of it

10. still had a few euros left over from the weekend so chucked em in the RD kitty :)

11. Just put 15 euro in. Keep on rolling RD, like the best!!:D

12. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

Been using PayPal for many years (since 2004) and have had no problems with it at all.
    I have used many different types of cards too :nod:

13. Monthly donation done :good:

14. ditto the above

15. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Pluss 10 EUR for extra services:)

16. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

also threw in some coins :)

keep up the good work!

17. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

RD in need (month is nearly over....)!! Keep the mice running! I threw in a piece of cheese :)!

18. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

Which is not true anymore, though I think it is still very limitted :)!

19. Another 10 euro's. Don't want to lose a EU server or any server. :)

20. 440 now. :shock: