F1 2010 Monte Carlo - Monaco (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi
i´m new here and new in f1 2010...
ohhh, forgot to say... i´m german and i´m sorry for my bad english ;)
sooo,... i need help for race setups.
i´m driving with RED BULL on expert, but with all sims and helps (who can change in the race options) on. i think i mean driving-help :)
my question. i drive with VICTOR´S RACE SETUP and my fastest lap here in monaco in qualifying is 1:19.8xx..
why i´m sooo slow (?) ?? Vettel, Rosberg , and the MCLaren are driving 1:17.2xx

Can anybody help me? i dont´t know where the 2 seconds are.

Thanks for post and answers, helps and all..;)

Greets the GERMAN GUY with bad english..;)

I am using the following set-up:

Front Wing/Rear Wing: 10-11/10-11 (good downforce, and possibility to trim the car a bit more front-heavy, if you prefer)

Brake Balance: 46 - 54

Ballast Distribution: 40 - 60 (good rear end stability through the fast corners, curbs oversteering in the narrow corners)

Anti-Roll Bars Front/Rear: 2/4

Ride Height Front/Rear: 3/5 (high enough on the bumpy surface, can be reduced a little to about 2/3-4 if preferred)

Spring Rate Front/Rear 5/2 (precise and responsive front end of the car, while curbing the oversteer and giving good traction out of the corners)

Gearbox: 114 - 138 - 163 - 187 - 214 - 242 - 269 (kph)

Camber Front/Rear: -1.5/-3.5
Toe Front/Rear: 0.08/0.29

On option tyres (soft), I can get 1 1:21:7XX out of this on lap 3 of a 10-lap stint, possibly better with slightly used options and fuel only for three laps. During the rest of the stint, times varied from 1:22 to 1:23.5.

On prime tyres (hard), I can squeeze out 1:23.5 to 1:25, as these tyres give a lot more skidding, and lack mechanical grip.

However, I still lose between 1.5 and 2.5 seconds in the second sector of the track, and apparently nothing really helps here. Putting the car on softer springs helps a little, but then I lose speed due to understeering in the fast corners of sector one, and the Piscine chicane. Lower ride height won't help much either, as the car soon bottoms out, especially with a full tank.

Any helpful advice, based on the above setup? Maybe shorter gear ratios for the first to third gear, or a more radical wing set-up?

Help is very appreciated...

Good setup but this game really irritates me at times. I had worked myself up from 17th in my Hispania to 9th before my pit stop but came back out in 22nd because the pit crew had kept me sitting there for 9 seconds for no apparent reason. Can't wait to get F1 2011 and hopefully this will be fixed.

This is the race I hate so much,I'm not even driving it.Doesn't make any difference if I'm 24th or being disq'ed.Can't find a good set-up,though I've tried a million ones.Even my fastest lap is 1.2 secs slower than nr 23.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back