Monitor with 2560x1080/1440/1600 Pixel

Hi Everybody,
does anybody have such a monitor for his Sim? Tripper Screen is a little bit to much monitor on my desk for my taste, so I was wondering who much one can see on such a monitor?

I would be curious to see screenshots. Mainly interested in AC and rF2.

Thanks!

The problem here is that no matter what the resolution, you still get the same size of monitor in front of you.
Triple screens are used so you can have a near 180 degree fov around you.

Upvote 0
I use an iMac running bootcamp, which has a 2560x1440 (1440p) screen. It's a very nice screen :) but unfortunately outside of the older gMotor sims, the rest of the hardware struggles to keep up on AC and other new video games... Really you want to check reviews to see how your graphics card is with benchmarks, usually you should be able to find a 1440p one. There's certainly no question though that if the game runs smoothly it will look nice on such a screen though ;)

Upvote 0
I use an iMac running bootcamp, which has a 2560x1440 (1440p) screen. It's a very nice screen :) but unfortunately outside of the older gMotor sims, the rest of the hardware struggles to keep up on AC and other new video games... Really you want to check reviews to see how your graphics card is with benchmarks, usually you should be able to find a 1440p one. There's certainly no question though that if the game runs smoothly it will look nice on such a screen though ;)
What kind of GPU does it have? Would you mind posting a screen shot out of a cockpit view?

Upvote 0
I'm also running an imac. Late 2011, i5@3.1ghz, 1gb ATI 6970m mobile. Running triples 5760x1200 on Assetto with x4 AA, no reflections. Getting 50-60fps depending on open wheeler or tin top. Bear in mind there are no AI cars or MP so that fps could die soon but the AC engine definitely isn't optimised yet as I get less fps with AA off (as do others). There are pics of my setup in the show your rig thread.

PS: check YouTube for the LG and AOC 29" models as guys did reviews using dirt 2&3 so should give you a good idea of the larger horizontal fov afforded. It is an improvement on standard 16.9 for racing so long as game supports it. Could be good to query over at the AC support forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What kind of GPU does it have? Would you mind posting a screen shot out of a cockpit view?

AMD 6770M, but I think only 512MB of VRAM (Macs got less I think!). When I have an opportunity I can post a screenshot (although not at home for a few weeks, sorry :p).

I'm also running an imac. Late 2011, i5@3.1ghz, 1gb ATI 6970m mobile. Running triples 5760x1200 on Assetto with x4 AA, no reflections. Getting 50-60fps depending on open wheeler or tin top. Bear in mind there are no AI cars or MP so that fps could die soon but the AC engine definitely isn't optimised yet as I get less fps with AA off (as do others). There are pics of my setup in the show your rig thread.

PS: check YouTube for the LG and AOC 29" models as guys did reviews using dirt 2&3 so should give you a good idea of the larger horizontal fov afforded. It is an improvement on standard 16.9 for racing so long as game supports it. Could be good to query over at the AC support forum.

Damn I wish I had the 6970 instead, I have the 6770 and it's in struggle town with AC :p.

Honestly though I think I'm just going to go to a dedicated PC at some point though, use the macbook I have acquired since getting the iMac for "Mac needs".

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing