Monitor help

I have triple AOC i2769Vm monitors. My criteria were 27" IPS panel, displayport, and thin bezels. Be aware that there is black space on the panel that is slighty thicker than the bezels, so, while thin, the real bezel width is slightly wider than the physical bezel.

Upvote 0
The 8ms response time isn't something that I've noticed against my 27 ASUS which has a response time of 2ms gray to gray. I even had 2x Dell 24's with the 27 ASUS in the middle, it was annoying with the different sizes, but the image was consistent.

Remember guys are running TV's which are close to double that response rate. And with the current monitor market changing so much with gsync/freesync , curved screens, VR headsets, if you want something more advanced I would hold off at least until the VR headset wars begin.

edit:
You may find this an interesting read http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm,
and it's the reason I previously said "If you're happy with 24" and 60hz". Gray to Gray response time is a great set of numbers for marketing, but more needs to be taken in to account for real world results. Read the " Lag " section of that linked page and you'll understand what I'm referring to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bought the Dells .... Very happy
image.jpg

Upvote 0
They look nice with those thin bezels!

They're also great with the height adjustable stand, looking at your setup I now know why I'm getting a sore neck driving whilst looking down at my 27" screen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%