1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday September 7th - Caterham 320 CSR @ Osterreichring 1970

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Class: Caterham CSR 320
    Track: Osterreichring 1970 v1.1
    Weather: Dry
    Practice: 30 minutes (19:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 30 minutes
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2 x 12 laps
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

If you witness or a victim of an incident there is a new and easy way to report it, just click ---> Click here to report an incident
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
    2. Dennis Phelan
    3. Andriy Melnikov
    4. Stefan Beemsterboer
    5. Péter Bártfai -SKIN-
    6. Michiel Vandepoel
    7. Glenn Petersen
    8. Marius Neverauskas
    9. Richard Pijlman
    10. Tyler Scurlock
    11. Kennett Ylitalo -SKIN-
    12. Bob Miley
    13. Robert Stork
    14. Michal Szabo
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

This won't work you know! I'm a slow sim racer and that's all there is to it. Making me drive cars[Cat 320 or any other Cat] that I'm no good in, again and again, isn't going to make me better.

I probably won't even have fun.

It's not even a, "Please don't throw me in the briar patch" thing.

sign me up
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The best way to learn to drive a RWD car is driving a CSR :) Let is slide baby, let is slide :)
  5. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Dennis i will be more then happy to help you improve, just let me know when you want to practice and i'll set a server up. i'm not a bad sim racer and i still ask for help once in a while and thats how i improve so don't give up i know you can improve and have fun with them :smile-big:

Edit: and thats goes for everybody that want to learn and improve their skill

6. Hey, it's me who is the slowest :fwd: driver out here. So you and me can compete :fencing: and have fun :tea:

If oversteering during acceleration is a problem for you, you can decrease differential lock in car setup. Decreasing front camber and increasing front springs will help against oversteering too.

Of course these measures will reduce acceleration and frontal grip respectively, so you must change them back gradually as you master the art of RWD.

Yves - sign me up.
  7. If everything works fine overhere and my provider works with me, than i want to join!

C 'U out there
  8. My team owner wants me to get time with rd before i race in the rdstl so if you dont mind plz do it on a friday night at seven (8 is too late for me) est at a regular track. not trying to be pushy but i just want to race at a time i can definitly make and not have to worry on downloads (i have been having a pain with it!). Don't care with the class just wanna have fun.
  9. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Austin this event is at 3 EST and its an event for the general members meaning mostly for the Europe members, the NA community have 3 event this week, one on Wednesday at 8 EST, the second one Friday at 9 EST and Sunday at 9 EST. you said that your part of the RDSTL which mean you'll also have to download add-on tracks to race in it, if you have any problem just ask and people always help when someone have a problem.
  10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Andriy, these Cat's oversteer?
  11. oversteer = rear springs to hard, or front roll-bar to stiff(hard). Don't underestimate the pressure of the tyres. These cars or mostly to hard.

break out in a corner when accl. = mostly lock to high.

There is a handbook on this side (RD) just search for it.
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It must be the way I drive. I can experience oversteer but I don't find these cars to be oversteering monsters. I can get nice handling characteristics out of most rwd cars[bmw's, gt-pro's, f3000, fbmw etc] but this one, at some tracks is a tough nut.

Andriy, you don't mind me getting "close" as I try to get by, do you?
  13. I don't mind. Why would I? Slight unintentional contact is acceptable.

Of course you must expect me to break before turns :) and must keep enough distance so you can steer and overtake me if I break prematurely. When exiting turns and on straights you can go bumper-to-bumper, but as we approaching a turn some safety space must be created. I also shift half-lane as I approach another player, so I can easily avoid contact if he breaks.

Safe overtaking is a black art for me, probably we must ask someone to teach us. :) I mostly overtake when people go off track, or when they exit from a turn with a wrong acceleration point. Most time when I catch up someone, I just keep driving closely to put psychological pressure on him and wait until he makes a mistake.
  14. You took part in Mid America run, Caterhams are the same everywhere.
  15. Count me in..
  16. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

server is up guy's :)
  17. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I'll sign up for this. I'll give Andriy and Dennis some company in the back.:snicker:
  18. Sign me up for, plz :)
  19. sign me up plz!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.