1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Monday October 5th - Caterham CSR320 @ Mosport 1977

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CATS
    Class: Caterham CSR320
    Track: Mosport 1977
    Weather: dry
    Practice: 30 minutes ( 19:00 GMT )
    Qualification: 30 minutes
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2 x 12 laps
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

If you witness or a victim of an incident there is a new and easy way to report it, just click ---> Click here to report an incident

2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Entrylist:
    1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
    2. Péter Bártfai
    3. Nigel Atkins -SKIN-
    4. Neil Gault
    5. Robin Cook
    6. Michal Szabo
    7. Michael Herrmann
    8. Chris Gallop
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

3. Mosport is one of my favourite tracks, so I'm in!:)

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I'd love to but will be camping with the wife and dogs.
    Have fun!

5. sign me up plz

hope i will have better luck this time at what could maybe be my bogey track as i always appear to crash n burn

6. thought id already posted here. can ya sign me up please love driving these cats

7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

server is up and rockin guy's :bang:

8. Please, sign me up, thanks :)

9. plz sign me up Yves

10. As it's unlikely I'll get a callout now. Would you sign me up too please.

11. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

something came up, i'll be joining late into praccy or early in the qualy:struggle:

12. Giving the rest of us a fighting chance eh?
    Hope this happens more often :p

13. sign me up pls

14. Me plz Yves :good:.

15. lost a wheel in race 2 and could not finish the race,
    nice combo btw

thx Yves, thx RD

16. had a blast in praccy i coud clock a 1.20.0xx and was realy supprised in qualy i improved to a 1.19.9 what gave me 5th on the grid

race 1*
    had a bad start but could keep my 5th while trying to stay in touch with the front guys i stuffed the cat into the pitwall in lap 2
    the result of this was i had a 10° offset steering to the right at lap 8 Chris got me after i missed turne 2 entry
    and in the last lap in the 2nd last turne i spun it again and lost one more spot :(

race2*
    had a good start and could hold my 3rd at turne 2 i grabbed place 2 seeing Nigel missed turne 3 i had to fight to not hit him
    coming out of the chicane peter tryed to sniff past side by side we came over the bump and my Freaking car dosent stop flying :( (SORRY Nigel nothing i could do :/) result i landed on Nigels rear fender and kicked us both out

thanks Yves and RD for setting up a race on one of my Favorite tracks

17. Had some nice fights today! I'm only sad because it seems I can't finish the second race nowadays, I just lost my concentration ability totally, crashed a few times on the wall and then retired (for multiple reasons: 1.not to risk anyone's race, 2.I don't really enjoy crashing on the wall LOL)
    Anyways a 3rd grid position, some passes, and a 3rd place in race 1 is very good for me! And it was nice to lead for a short time in both races:)

Oh and I love this track! This car suits it fine!
    Thx Yves for setting this event up!

18. Got away from pole good enough but couldnt shake off Peter who got up to P2 from the start,after a few laps of being chased down Peter got a run on me out the chicane and as a result i got a bit bump draft effect and this made me soar like an eagle off the hump,i landed too far gone to ever make the turn :D...bit of damage but driveable,i think Peter and Yves up ahead got tangled and i "stole" the lead back again and managed to hold to the finish :).
    Race2 another ok start gaining one off the line then held station until the turn i went off at in race on when i think others found the delights of those unwanted extra mph off the jump :p,further on a little scary moment when i got a run on Dario on the way down the hill to the chicane,just sort of found myself on the inside approaching the dip then realised "i dont really even want to be here....",furiously backed out of it and on the grass and all sorts to try and give Dario the track,but he had backed off as well,so we survived unscathed,more due to Dario's vision than my efforts....
    Big push now on Peter in the lead and started to get a good rythym going now and then i got the lead when Peter got about 2inches wider than what is good for you over the T2 crest and he went off,Yves put on a charge to pressure me but also went off in the process,so i get to cruise to the line :).
    Many Thanks all for great clean close racing.
    Thanks for another great Monday combo Yves & RD :good:.

19. Thanks all for a good fun race just a pity more did not show but at least we made it to double figures and those that did show made it into a great race but then again nearly half of the grid was made up of BVM drivers :wink2: so i guess it had the making of a good race before we lined up on the grid.

Could not get it together either in practice or qual and i found it hard to get 2 laps in without crashing so 9th on the grid was about right. First flying lap in warm up and i beat my qual time :) and beat it again in the race although i did my usual and crashed out in lap 7.

Race 2 i started from the same place and got a bad start so dropped to the back but for once i managed to keep it together for the race distance and managed to finish in 4th :shock: so i was very happy at just being able to finally finish a race around this great track.

c ya next time guys :good:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.