F1 2010 Monaco = throw away race

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
2nd season in career easy mode, #2 for Sauber. Through 12 races I have a 60 point lead over Alonso and tied Mansel for wins in a season.

I have tried all setups from the engineer, and all setups suggested in this forum, but I'm 4 seconds off pace. I know the auto gears and braking assists are hurting me, but how can I be so far off on Monaco?

I love the track, and have won lots of races on F1 CE there, but not so here.

I have a couple more tracks where I'm also that far off the pace. Yas Marina and one more I don't remember.

Suggestions or just part of the programming?

was on par with AI for the first 5-6 laps of the race (30%) but then tire simulation became a factor. I had to slow down substantially for the swooping corners where AI did not slow down at all. They are definitely not affected by tyre-sim. They would melt my 5 sec advantage within a lap or two. Even my pit-stops lasted 10+ seconds.

Agreed ... I was lapping in the 1:19s using option tires for the first 10+ laps of my 100% length race, was running in 6th place and was able to keep the 5th place car (Rosberg) in sight. After 10+ laps my tires began to wear and Rosberg drifted away. I managed to hold on to 6th place coming into the pits on my 25th lap (yes there was a train of cars behind me). I had a reasonably good pit stop as I was not held up by the lolly pop man, but I came out into 15th place with prime tires and could only lap now in the 1:20s. Even after the AIs changed to primes, they were still able to keep their original pace lapping faster than me. So a train of cars would develop behind me again (I would let the leaders by but close the door on those fighting me for position). This game is fun, but the AI is totally dorked out.

*Cheeky tip: It seems you will not be penalized for cutting the first corner on the first lap (at least from pole). Use it to get some advantage if you struggle.

I got a 10 second penalty for cutting this corner on the start. But I got penalized because I gained positions. So I re-started the race and kept it on the track. This corner is more forgiving at the start of the races in this game than it is in real life. Not nearly as many pile ups in this game.

The only thing I could say to disguise the fact that you decided to join a better team than hrt/lotus/virgin in your first season is your pretty decent tips you listed, but as far as im concerned if you start with a half decent team instead of the 3 low teams then its pointless, not much of a challenge in my oponion.

as far as im concerned if you start with a half decent team instead of the 3 low teams then its pointless, not much of a challenge in my oponion.

We really need to stop thinking about comparing race results with each other. The only way to compare one person's skills with another person's skills is when they race against each other. I am nothing more than a mid packer in iRacing. I do however have real world track experience.

This is a game. The purpose of this game is to entertain people. If people are not entertained they need to find something else to play. There is no way to compare one player's experience with another player's experience on a level playing field. People playing the PC version will be different than those playing the XBox and different from those playing the PS3 just as those playing with wheels/pedals will be different than those playing with a controller. Then on top of that you have different driver assists and different opponent skill levels to add to the mix (not to mention the AI mods for those of us playing the PC version).

I will tell you one thing, driving a 100% length race at Monaco against Legends AI is not easy. I can only imagine what the real world drivers go through. I have driven a real world Formula Renault car (tame compared to a Formula One car) and those Formula cars beat you up.

We really need to stop thinking about comparing race results with each other. The only way to compare one person's skills with another person's skills is when they race against each other. I am nothing more than a mid packer in iRacing. I do however have real world track experience.

This is a game. The purpose of this game is to entertain people. If people are not entertained they need to find something else to play. There is no way to compare one player's experience with another player's experience on a level playing field. People playing the PC version will be different than those playing the XBox and different from those playing the PS3 just as those playing with wheels/pedals will be different than those playing with a controller. Then on top of that you have different driver assists and different opponent skill levels to add to the mix (not to mention the AI mods for those of us playing the PC version).

I will tell you one thing, driving a 100% length race at Monaco against Legends AI is not easy. I can only imagine what the real world drivers go through. I have driven a real world Formula Renault car (tame compared to a Formula One car) and those Formula cars beat you up.

My post wasnt in regard to you mate so dont know why your saying all that.

No harm done. I started my career in the HRT and re-started it after 4 races and switched to Toro Rosso.
So I could have been the one you were referring to. I guess I had a guilt complex.

Nope.

This is the guy I was referring to.

I finally got trough this round. (PS3+G25+1st season+BMW Sauber+no assists/professional)

I struggled in Catalunya because of unrealistic advantage of the AI but Monaco was OK except for one thing.
I got pole with 1:17:5xx without any assists and was on par with AI for the first 5-6 laps of the race (30%) but then tire simulation became a factor. I had to slow down substantially for the swooping corners where AI did not slow down at all. They are definitely not affected by tyre-sim. They would melt my 5 sec advantage within a lap or two. Even my pit-stops lasted 10+ seconds.
After hours and hours of various tactics, I tried switching the tyre simulation off and what a difference it made! Every lap was the fastest of the race (high 1:17) and within 10 laps I was lapping the slower cars. It was almost boring as you can push as hard as you want. Car is glued to the road and even the rumble strips or damaged front wing wont affect it.

I wont be using this again but if you struggle with the track this is the best solution (with all else set to 'ON).
Some other tips:
- first corner makes a huge difference as you can be much faster then AI trough there. Get it right.
- Be smooth trough 3. and 4. corner. Try not using the brakes and just be smooth with the gas.
- Downhill hairpins - I was slow here. Just be easy on the gas and keep to the lines.
- You can brake very late (compered to dynamic line) for the chicane after the tunnel and go safely over the rumble strip.
- Be precisse for the next swooping corner as it's very rewarding.
- Take risk with the exit from the last corner as it seems they don't

*Cheeky tip: It seems you will not be penalized for cutting the first corner on the first lap (at least from pole). Use it to get some advantage if you struggle.

Happend to me at same place but it went away. Also used to happen when restarting the session but quitting to paddock and restarting resolved it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back