1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

X360 Monaco Club Race (25%) Collisions OFF Test - Thursday, 13th November 2014 (8:00 GMT)

Discussion in 'F1 2014 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Peter Hooper, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Monaco Grand Prix - Thursday November 13th- 8:00pm
    Lobby open at 7:45, Race Start 8:00 GMT

Distance - 25%
    Assists - none
    Weather - CLEAR
    Cars - Equal
    Format - Short weekend with qualifying
    Collisions - OFF

Please sign up as follows Name / Gamertag / Constructor

Host - Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh (please add host to get invite to lobby)

Sing ups
    1 - Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / Lotus
    2 - Mark Torres / Faux News 79 / Sauber
    3 - Gareth Jones / IndyJonesJnr / Lotus
    4 - Matthew Booth/Boothy116/Mercedes
    5 - Gavin / Gavos 2 Base / force be with you India.
    6 - C.B | chja00111 | F14T
    7 - C.K. / freechi11y / McLaren
    8 - Chris Hempsall/TheHemps/McLaren
    9 -
    10 -
    11 -
    12 -
    13 -
    14 -
    15 -

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. I have set this as a dry race seeing as it's just to test out the Collisions OFF format. If you would prefer it to be dynamic just say so :thumbsup:

3. Mark Torres / Faux News 79 / Sauber
    Maybe for this as well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gareth Jones / IndyJonesJnr / Lotus

• Like Like x 3
  5. Matthew Booth/Boothy116/Mercedes

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

Gavin / Gavos 2 Base / force be with you India.

• Like Like x 2
  7. C.B | chja00111 | F14T

• Like Like x 3
  8. I had half a dozen laps around here in TT last night after finishing a Brazillian GP and it was a nightmare!! Best I could get was a 1:20 something but I can't get round that hairpin for love nor money. Anybody else finding it tougher there this year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'm struggling with the ambient noise in this game. In the pack is a nightmare for me. I have it turned right down and still struggle to hear my own engine:mad:

I've never ever depended on the lights to up shift only the engine note - which is even more important this year IMO and I can't hear eff all at times:mad: really spoils any rhythm

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. So with this race, are we still being aware of other drivers or are we just driving through them? make sense??

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. I tend to race most of the time with my headphones on and this does help in respect of the sounds in the game. They definitely need to do something about it though.

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. It's racing as normal regardless of any ghosting cars, etc. You still drive around cars, be aware of the space they require ,etc. We are just trying to see if racing in this way would be possible seeing as several guys have had serious lag problems in the last two test races.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. I can hear my own engine fine, but I can't hear other cars until they're in front of me. They're very quiet.

• Beer Beer x 1
  14. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

I haven't done any laps here yet Peter, but try more camber.
    It the other games i would simply lower the gear ratio to try to help get around the corners but can't do that with this one.
    Also, if you haven't tried the brake bios yet push it to the back.

• Love Love x 2
  15. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

Shouldn't we test your connection with collisions on for a few laps first? Your connection could be solid.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Possibly yes, but I guess the problem would then resurface any time I am unable to host or for instance at times when people I invite can't get in (I thinkBoothy and one or two others couldn't get in to the last lobby I created).

I am not sure this non-collision method will work anyway but it's worth testing it just to see.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

That happens with me as well, people not able to join my lobby.

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. ive not had any lobby issues on 2014 so far which is a positive for me, Did have a mini lag for like 5 seconds when someone dc in Brazil.

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. I'll give it a go Karl, Brake Bias I was going to look at next as I do prefer that to the front so maybe that is part of the problem. Just feels like there is not enough in the steering to get me around there lol.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

I had a small lag/frame-rate stutter in Brazil as well, but it only lasted a couple seconds.
    I haven't had an issue i can think of with someone not being able to join my lobby with this game, but i'm not convinced that it's the hosts issue.