Momo Force (red, not racing) question

Momo Force (red, not racing) modding-question

EDIT - new part:

I have no clue of cricuits and wires and how to mod them but maybe someone could point me into the right direction here...

I want to attach the original Momo Force (red) wheel and shifterpaddles to my DFP - the mechanical part is pretty easy and I can build my own adapter to make the wheel fit onto the DFP - but how do I wire it that the 6 buttons, 2 lights and 2 shifterpaddels work with the DFP?

The DFP has 16 different buttons/shifters (10 buttons, 2 shift buttons and the direction cross) on the wheel itself while the Momo Force has only 8 (6 buttons plus shifters) - plus each have 2 lights (power and FFB settings) so I thought the DFP would just have more wires and if I connect the wires correctly I coud use the wheel pretty easy.

But when I opened both wheels I found that the DFP has 8 wires running from the wheel to the main part while the Momo has 11 with a grey wire being connected to both button-sets (left and right) of the wheel

So even though it has only 6+2 buttons it has 11 wires while the DFP has 2 buttons per wire - and with my non existing knowledge of wiring I have no clue how to continue now

SOLVED PART: Not sure if this belongs into the Hardware or Tech forums so if I posted in the wrong one, please move it - it is a hardware related question so it somehow fits into both...

I got an unused Momo Force (red) very cheap today and connected it. I'm running Win7 with the latest gaming software from logitech (May 2010) and the wheel was recognized correctly

But I can't find an option to change the maximum rotation ratio (if that's what it's called in english) - I was driving with a DFP before where I adjusted the rotation ratio to around 200° and got so used to it that I'm having difficulties to drive with the 270°s of the Momo

Is there any way (either in the controler settings of rFactor) or in Windows/the Logitech software to adjust the ratio for the Momo Force?

Or is the only way to change the steering lock in every single car setup (making it impossible to drive with driver swaps unless the others also can adjust to my strange steering lock settings)?

Maybe I didn't look correctly but I could find nothing to adjust it - neither in the game nor in the system settings - I thought there was a slider in the logitech software where you could adjust it for the DFP but for the momo only the FFB sliders and the spring slider appear

With the extra 70 degrees of rotation, i imagine your finding the controls less responsive?

There is an option within the controls section within rFactor.
If the X-axis (usual axis for steering) is set to anything below 100%, try increasing it in 5% incriments until you find something that suits you.

Below is a screenshot of the settings screen....

rFactor_Setting.jpg

EDIT: Failing that Ralf, you could always just increase the steering lock of your setups by a few notches. :)

Hope this helps.... if not, please let me know and i`ll have a look around for you.

Upvote 0
Thanks Kris but I already found a way to do it outside rFactor and without changing the setup - DXTweak2 works perfectly

Thinking about merging my DFP and the Momo Force though since the precision with the DFP is a little higher but the leather wheel and metal shifters are so much better than the standard DFP so I guess I'll add the next question regarding the wiring to the original post...

I have no clue of cricuits and wires and how to mod them but maybe someone could point me into the right direction here...

I want to attach the original Momo Force (red) wheel and shifterpaddles to my DFP - the mechanical part is pretty easy and I can build my own adapter to make the wheel fit onto the DFP - but how do I wire it that the 6 buttons, 2 lights and 2 shifterpaddels work with the DFP?

The DFP has 16 different buttons/shifters (10 buttons, 2 shift buttons and the direction cross) on the wheel itself while the Momo Force has only 8 (6 buttons plus shifters) - plus each have 2 lights (power and FFB settings) so I thought the DFP would just have more wires and if I connect the wires correctly I coud use the wheel pretty easy.

But when I opened both wheels I found that the DFP has 8 wires running from the wheel to the main part while the Momo has 11 with a grey wire being connected to both button-sets (left and right) of the wheel

So even though it has only 6+2 buttons it has 11 wires while the DFP has 2 buttons per wire - and with my non existing knowledge of wiring I have no clue how to continue now

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back