• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

MODS for wWRC 7

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by geoundici, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. geoundici

geoundici

Ratings:
    +0
    The game is really good in some aspects, but to make it reaaaallygood I think it needs som mods in the physics. Since this is a lot "arcade", I don't mean to make the game behave like a simulator (go to Dirt and the others), but still there could be some refinement in the car reactions, especially the braking, which is too easy and irrealistically "short". Could be great ,in my opinion, just an easy step in a mod setup about the tyres: If I could make them less grippy, and if I could change this paramenter differently from front and rear , ALL the experience would be immediately better. TakeGran Turismo, on ps 2. You take a car for a fast spin on a circuit, just setup medium tyres in the front, and hard in the back, and the behave would be immediately more realistic, even if you go slower. Same for RallySportChallenge 2. This is the point. I will probably be SLOWER, but I will feel the car much better, and since I bought the game just to make a couple of stages before bed, not hours of career etc, this MOD would be superappreciated and in the end very easy, with a great impact.

2. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm hoping for mods for this game but not in the same aspect.

I'm looking for aesthetic changes, like high definition car liveries as the ones they have now are very pixelly and low res. I also wouldn't mind some sound mods, making the sounds of the cars a little better (though they are good IMO). Louder with more "pop".

3. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    I want Nicky Grist as my Co Driver as I can't stand the standard English one !

It sound REALLY Arcade when he says Brake every now and then, I mean what Co Driver tells the driver when to brake ?

Sure someone can fix that by taking them from another game that I will NOT mention and put it in WRC 7 !

Someone ( www.kegetys.fi ) modded the old RBR Pace Notes and it turned out brilliantly.

Fanaleds support would also be welcomed !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Apex Azimuth

Apex Azimuth

Ratings:
    +3
    WRC7 is actually alot more sim than you might think. People tend not to think it is because of how grippy the cars are but if you compare game footage with on-board footage of this year's WRC, they're almost identical. WRC 2017 cars have intense downforce, much more than any previous year, and that's why the cars feel almost like Formula 1 cars at high speeds.

Things I would like to mod though, would be the ability to adjust FOV, maybe tweak FFB a bit, and definitely better pacenotes. Currently the pacenotes come WAY too late especially concerning square and hairpin turns after a high speed section. Way too many times I've slid sideways into spectators right as the co-driver says "BRAKE! Square left!"

5. Martin Larsen

Martin Larsen

Ratings:
    +153
    What I hate most about the co-driver is the times the corner tightens. Like:
    Co-driver: ''flat left''
    Me: ''Ok! power!''
    Co-driver: ''....................tightens 2''
    Me, from the top off a tree: ''HOW CAN IT BE A FLAT LEFT IF IT TIGHTENS 2?! atleast tell me before the damn turn!''

:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 4
  6. tomymamani

tomymamani

Ratings:
    +14
    I would definetly like some first person camera mods

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PaoloManzi

PaoloManzi

Ratings:
    +2
    Happens to everyone! I think to have learned all this scary corners in the stages, otherwise it would be impossible...

Another big problem it's AI Times... For e.g. We all know Kris Meeke had a bad season but Jesus he loses one minute in every stage, that's too much

8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Just a decent external replay camera and i'd be a happy bunny.

9. Apex Azimuth

Apex Azimuth

Ratings:
    +3
    I think the real problem is variability in results. I'm playing through a career season on hardcore difficulty and Ogier has 257 championship points after Deutschland, me behind him with 185, and Neuville behind me with 151. Meeke and Paddon, both very capable drivers with wins under their belt are tied with 18 points. Seriously what the hell?

There's very little representation of consistency with the AI times, so the point distribution is concentrated within Ogier, Neuville, Tanak, and Latvala. Everyone else seems to be doomed to fail miserably, and the consistency even in that group seems to be on a logarithmic curve rather than a linear one which would be more realistic. In the game, Ogier is 6x as good as Neuville, who is 3x as good as Tanak, who is twice as good as Latvala. There just needs to be a gentler curve in consistency, and an upper limit to show that once a driver has secured a victory, they will not push in order to reduce risk. That's actually what makes Ogier win, not that he drives like a maniac with luck on his side on every race.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +720
    while we are at it:
    better replay cameras (why do they not emulate the tv coverage, it's the bloody official game?)
    a far far better co-driver (the German voice is ultry-montonous and dreadfully canned, and the cries of "brake" are really ...)
    better PC UI
    oh yes, and physics which don't make you feel like you are gliding on a piece of wood rather than using four wheels (that, however, would imply a very different game)

other than that it's a very fun way to pass one's time, not regretting having bought it at all, just signed my first wrc2 contract yesterday :)

11. PaoloManzi

PaoloManzi

Ratings:
    +2
    All true. A good game, worth of his money ruined by this... it's sad

12. Apex Azimuth

Apex Azimuth

Ratings:
    +3
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think this ruins the game by any means. It's just something that makes this great game fall a little short of its potential.

13. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +720
    another little thing: twice now i have won the sss stages but onscreen the chap i was racing against actually passed the line before me. how is that possible? am i to believe i was racing a wrc car in my poorly engined wrc2 car? also, why do i not get to know, who i am matched with on the track?

14. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +38
    I believe the animation of the car going around the track is a canned one (never changes), but the actual times that the AI produces are random so they dont actually match up at all.

Its the same with the starting animation of the car before you, its a canned one where the car goes in a straight line and then disappears after 3/4 seconds. If theres a turn or obstacle before it disappears, it just ploughs over/through it and looks ridiculous! (can see it so obviously with triple screens as its usually hidden off screen)

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +720
    codemasters was able to show the actual speed of your oponent back in Dirt03, so it shouldn't be too difficult to do ...

16. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    I wish I hadn't played 2 hours of this to be honest.

SLRE is far better in my opinion. I only play SLRE, RBR and Dirt Rally when it comes to Rally and WRC7 while good, has too many foibles and it's just not as good.

17. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Make that Colin McRae Rally 2.0, even :)

• Like Like x 1