F1 2012 Mods and online play

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Yes, I long as they do not effect the database.

Things like modification of the AI, or drivers names etc. are database mods and cannot be used online.

You are usually ok with mods that effect track textures, skins, helmets, tyres, steering wheels.

Anything of a graphic/visual nature

Thanks for the fast answer :) and sorry it took me so long to write back..

I have a other question. We bought the game one steam, and now we got some texture and camera mods installed. but if I want to play single player with the true life AI mod, would the best way to do that get i torrets version of the game and install mods on that, that won't work in multiplayer. How do you guys do it?

Thanks

Thomas

I have a other question. We bought the game one steam, and now we got some texture and camera mods installed. but if I want to play single player with the true life AI mod, would the best way to do that get i torrets version of the game and install mods on that, that won't work in multiplayer. How do you guys do it?

Thanks

Thomas

dont waste time to download a version from torrent if you already got one installed with steam in your PC. Just copy the F1 2012 folder in an other place and use it for Mod

Thanks

Thomas
The true to life Ai mod isn't compatible with pirated versions, you need original game.

What's the matter copying the whole F1 2012 directory, renaming it to F1 2012 orignal or so?
You just have to rename the game you want to play to "F1 2012", it's no problem having several different games and profiles (they'll all use the same savelocation).
Same way I play 5 different seasons of this game ;)

That's my current situation:
F1 1997
F1 2006
F1 2007
F1 2012
F1 2013
F1 Fantasy (W.I.P.)

So when I want to play 1997, I rename 2012 (original game) to 2012_o and rename F1 1997 to F1 2012 as simple as easy.

thus, will Steam save every new profile and his advances in Carrer?
And the folder of the copy must be in the same of the original (Steam-SteamApps-common ) ?
Many thanks for you reply

Yes, the path of the current active game (the one that is named F1 2012) must be in its original place.
And yes, you can create different profiles for each "copy" of your game, I have currently 4 active profiles for 1994, 1997, 2007, Fantasy F1. You should just be cautious when selecting a profile as a wrong one (like 2012 profile with 2013 mod) would lead to corrupt data.

But fear not even if that happens, you'll get a warning and when you see it, do not click OK but exit the game, so the profile will not get corrupted and is still useable.

Here are two screenshots as example of my structure:
79ryeqoj.jpg

kixj5xyt.jpg

[F1 Fantasy is currently active => folder named to F1 2012]

###

@Mods: Well, I guess this thread has now more become the real content of that thread http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/double-installation.73158/ sorry for that :D

Yes, the path of the current active game (the one that is named F1 2012) must be in its original place.
And yes, you can create different profiles for each "copy" of your game, I have currently 4 active profiles for 1994, 1997, 2007, Fantasy F1. You should just be cautious when selecting a profile as a wrong one (like 2012 profile with 2013 mod) would lead to corrupt data.

But fear not even if that happens, you'll get a warning and when you see it, do not click OK but exit the game, so the profile will not get corrupted and is still useable.

Here are two screenshots as example of my structure:
79ryeqoj.jpg

kixj5xyt.jpg

[F1 Fantasy is currently active => folder named to F1 2012]

###

@Mods: Well, I guess this thread has now more become the real content of that thread http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/double-installation.73158/ sorry for that :D

How do I get it to have the name and then what profile it is next to it?

sorry to raise again this issue but I'd like to understand better.
I am running original game in Carrer and I want to install mod "Reduced Tyre Wear" including only database , I do copy the original game in another folder in which installing the mod, and thus I can use the same profile I had in the original. Is'nt it?
I hope to have been clear.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years