1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ModNation Racers

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Kevin Watts, Jan 17, 2010.

1. OK so its not a sim but I think it would perhaps fall in the same catagory as Gene Rally - a fun pick up and play racer. The open BETA is out next thursday on the Playstation Network but will be limited to 100,000 downloads on a first come first served basis. Its basis is similar to Little Big Planet ie the 'play create share' mantra where players can customise their characters, cars and tracks to an almost unlimited degree. The game will feature a full track editor which looking at the video's below looks very easy to use and create some fun tracks - who knows maybe we can create some Mod Nation versions of Spa, Brands Hatch or Silverstone etc :D

2. Its on the store now but only to the first 100,000 downloaders then its gone, good luck
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Game has been released recently, not?
  4. Yes, the game is released.
  5. Yes its out and already a lot of talented people have made tracks, cars and characters. I've even had a go at track making myself its so easy, I made a track inspired by Brands Hatch :)
  6. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Anyone smell Trackmania when they see those videos? :D
  7. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

I bought it yesterday and it is awesome, I dont like games and arcade racing but this is very addictive.

Me and my sons played it for about 8 hours today.

Insidesimracing has a review now. http://www.insidesimracing.tv/
  8. Nope. I smell Wacky wheels.
  9. I bought modnation a few days ago and am having some fun building tracks, but does anyone know how to make big jumps like in this track:

10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I have downloaded the demo yesterday via PSN. Going to buy it this week as this is an amazing game. Spot on track editor, love it.