Modifying GSC2012 StockV8 Sounds

I would like to be able to modify the sounds in the game, but so far this has been difficult since I can't find a way to force the game to use a new sound. I have the game installed under program files 5 times. I have my old GSC and another GSC_2 for sound modding purposes, then I have my new GSC2012, a GSC2012_2 for sound modding purposes and another GSC2012_3 installed for car skinning purposes. Right now I am using my GSC2012_2 and I am trying to change some of the sounds, like the ROAD_SKID.WAV file that I want to replace with a better skid sound and also increase the volume so I can hear it better when I am driving. I did this with my old GSC_2 game and it worked great and it helped me put less wear and tear on my tires since I could hear my car skidding in the game very loud, but it doesn't seem to work at all for the new 2012 game.

The new game has a default.sfx located under "GameData\Vehicles" and when I open the default.sfx file with notepad there is a line that says:

VS_INSIDE_SKID_DRY=default\skid.wav

...yet there is no "default" folder to be found and there is no "skid.wav" to be found anywhere either. If I remove the default.sfx file completely, my game still runs the same and I can still hear all of my sounds, so I honestly have no idea what purpose this file serves at all, unless it is linked internally to a different car other than the StockV8.

What would I need to do to be able to start creating a sound mod for the GSC2012? I would like to be able to modify and replace certain sounds. If the developers would prefer that I don't create a sound mod because they don't want me to later release it for public use - I completely understand, but I would still like to be able to create a sound mod for my own personal use. Would I need a new StockV8.sfx file that works with GSC2012? If one exists that would allow me to modify my game sounds like the old GSC, could the developers please release it or offer a link to download it, or send it to me in a private message or something. I would very much like to get started on this right away. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 135 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.8%