Modding the Motorsport Manager

Hey guys,

I have got a few messages now, asking what it is about modding the Motorsport Manager. It is a few days out now and I think it is a really good game.. except the licensing. The game is made with Unity, so the graphic and many text files of this game are in .assets files in the main folder. Good news is, that the files are openable and editable. Somebody already get into the files too? Please let me know. I tested some things yesterday, screens below. More info's soon..

Motorsport Manager Reality Pack Version 1.1 DOWNLOAD

Changes I have done:

- correct names for all F1 Teams
- correct names for all F1 Drivers including reserve drivers and Team bosses
- correct Logos for all F1 Teams
- correct birthdays and countrys for teams and drivers
- correct F1 Logo
- no women drivers for all series, Women fake names changed
- correct Menu and TV Screen colours for all teams

Note:
Renault is not included yet, because there is a team limit of 10. It is Version 1.0, so be patient about updates and please let me know if there are mistakes in edited names and logos.

Download V. 1.1:http://www.mediafire.com/file/y8ats2jcmbngsjd/MM+Reality+Pack+1.1.rar

20161117003724_1.jpg
20161117003906_1.jpg
20161117003651_1.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some notes above the Patch changes in regards to anyone who changed some of the balance in the Asset Files.

Code:
    <!-- These values control the point at which a tyre tread works best on a wet track. 0.0 is a dry track and 1.0 is a totally wet track. -->
    <MinSlickTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0</MinSlickTreadSurfaceWaterRange>
    <MaxSlickTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0.25</MaxSlickTreadSurfaceWaterRange>

<MinLightTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0.15</MinLightTreadSurfaceWaterRange>
    <MaxLightTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0.75</MaxLightTreadSurfaceWaterRange>

<MinHeavyTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0.65</MinHeavyTreadSurfaceWaterRange>
    <MaxHeavyTreadSurfaceWaterRange>1</MaxHeavyTreadSurfaceWaterRange>
has been changed to
Code:
    <!-- These values control the point at which a tyre tread works best on a wet track. 0.0 is a dry track and 1.0 is a totally wet track. -->
    <MinSlickTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0</MinSlickTreadSurfaceWaterRange>
    <MaxSlickTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0.12</MaxSlickTreadSurfaceWaterRange>

<MinLightTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0.10</MinLightTreadSurfaceWaterRange>
    <MaxLightTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0.65</MaxLightTreadSurfaceWaterRange>

<MinHeavyTreadSurfaceWaterRange>0.60</MinHeavyTreadSurfaceWaterRange>
    <MaxHeavyTreadSurfaceWaterRange>1</MaxHeavyTreadSurfaceWaterRange>
The crossover point is a bit lower, and more important point, the interval of crossover operation is much smaller.

Also, Out of Fuel time lost has now doubled.

These changes will only effect new games though

Didn't see the AI fuel management fix in the patch notes. They really need to sort out the every car running out of fuel in the last 2 laps or so, just game/immersion breaking. Also AI now pit for Inters and wets way too soon. I thought they pitted too soon as it was but the patch just makes it even more-so. Love the game but the AI just operate such sub-optimal strategies that it's no challenge to out-fox them. Fingers crossed that modding can breath some challenge back into the game in future. I'd like to feel like I'm a smaller team battling against teams like Mercedes but right now after a few seasons in the same championship you just end up feeling like Mercedes, whipping all the rest.

Didn't see the AI fuel management fix in the patch notes. They really need to sort out the every car running out of fuel in the last 2 laps or so, just game/immersion breaking. Also AI now pit for Inters and wets way too soon. I thought they pitted too soon as it was but the patch just makes it even more-so. Love the game but the AI just operate such sub-optimal strategies that it's no challenge to out-fox them. Fingers crossed that modding can breath some challenge back into the game in future. I'd like to feel like I'm a smaller team battling against teams like Mercedes but right now after a few seasons in the same championship you just end up feeling like Mercedes, whipping all the rest.

I am currently testing some changes which make Car Parts more impactful (with some tyre wear alterations). Prelimiary tests are going decently, though it's naturally increasing the car spread (but this was the intention somewhat). It seems to make it so punching above one's weight is less possible.

I'm about to do a predator playthrough with these changes. If it's looking good at season 2, I'll release it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking at files and codes... I think (thinking being the keyword) it might be possible to have more then three tiers of championships.

Its a similar situation to adding in the 11th or 12th car. Let's a lot of work on the backend to make it all operate correctly, but it maybe a possible option. Was thinking maybe a pure spec, 6 race series - tiny prize money (as there is no development).

I am thinking about doing this for ERS (and replacing APSC with ERS rules - as APSC isn't a million miles different to WMC) anyway. Then considered this. It's more indepth then what I am currently trying to achive though, but maybe other modders wanted to see the viability of adding additional championship tiers. (I maybe misreading it and its not possible though, so do not hold breath)

I am currently testing some changes which make Car Parts more impactful (with some tyre wear alterations). Prelimiary tests are going decently, though it's naturally increasing the car spread (but this was the intention somewhat). It seems to make it so punching above one's weight is less possible.

I'm about to do a predator playthrough with these changes. If it's looking good at season 2, I'll release it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking at files and codes... I think (thinking being the keyword) it might be possible to have more then three tiers of championships.

Its a similar situation to adding in the 11th or 12th car. Let's a lot of work on the backend to make it all operate correctly, but it maybe a possible option. Was thinking maybe a pure spec, 6 race series - tiny prize money (as there is no development).

I am thinking about doing this for ERS (and replacing APSC with ERS rules - as APSC isn't a million miles different to WMC) anyway. Then considered this. It's more indepth then what I am currently trying to achive though, but maybe other modders wanted to see the viability of adding additional championship tiers. (I maybe misreading it and its not possible though, so do not hold breath)

Sounds interesting! Hopefully the testing works out and the possibilities for mods keeps growing over time. Also I don't suppose you've found anything about possible driver database variations, like bigger stat distribution/variation? I can see the game getting a bit stale when the same drivers/staff are known to be the best each playthrough. Thanks for the time you're putting in to making the game a better experience for us all!

Sounds interesting! Hopefully the testing works out and the possibilities for mods keeps growing over time. Also I don't suppose you've found anything about possible driver database variations, like bigger stat distribution/variation? I can see the game getting a bit stale when the same drivers/staff are known to be the best each playthrough. Thanks for the time you're putting in to making the game a better experience for us all!

I said in another thread that:
After my balance tweeks, I am thinking about having a 'randomised universe' mod. As I can now edit lots of values quickly as csv files, I can basically add random variables to 'car parts' , team values and driver, mechanic and lead designer stats.

I can basically set lots of items to random (within reason) and make a half dozen or so 'starting situations' . Maybe in one, predator is awesome. In another, Rodrigues is a 1 star driver, etc etc.

Would make things less predictable in the starting seasons - when starting a new game

I can't make it random for every different game, but if you have a half dozen 'starting' scenarios, that should be interesting enough.

I do intend to make this. I assume my Predator game will be the last time I touch the default database for some time (may come back to it if they release more features). Of course, My predator save maybe one I stick with even after I have completed the challenge, as the world will look sooooo different. But once I want to play a new game, I'll be making this random stats world.

In terms of my Predator Testing of my balance tweeks... It's a real struggle. 2nd Race done, and my car is very much last in the constructos. So in that aspect, its working well :p Just hired Rod, will see what he can do - the real test begins now :p

I can't make it random for every different game, but if you have a half dozen 'starting' scenarios, that should be interesting enough.

I do intend to make this. I assume my Predator game will be the last time I touch the default database for some time (may come back to it if they release more features). Of course, My predator save maybe one I stick with even after I have completed the challenge, as the world will look sooooo different. But once I want to play a new game, I'll be making this random stats world.

In terms of my Predator Testing of my balance tweeks... It's a real struggle. 2nd Race done, and my car is very much last in the constructos. So in that aspect, its working well :p Just hired Rod, will see what he can do - the real test begins now :p

Will you release the injector when you finish it? Looking for a good difficulty increase. :D

Ah sounds like something that would be nice! And hiring Rod is cheating! :p

Some more interesting observations when digging further into files...

The driver pre-race talks was actually well thought about as it was part of a bigger picture. Is seems you were able to Talk with the Drivers, maybe even send them to a Psycologist.

Fanbase was going to be side avenue for income - with Fan Base scales and charts (like the bar chart with sponsors, car, HQ etc), Mercendise sales etc. This was all cut it seems, which is why there is traces of Fan Numbers around the game (Championship Audiences and fans on the team pages).

There was a Sponsor Liaisor who you could negotation sports with - instead of just clicking from one of three options per slot.

There is a file for Monaco's race length, etc - which I don't believe is in the game (

There was once rule changes regarding engines, gearboxes, and lots of other things - though this may have just been a brainstoirm list - but some would have been really nice to have seen implemented:
Anti-Lock Brakes
Active Suspension
Moveable Aerodynamics
Sequential Shifting
Differential Control
Traction Control
Launch Control
Open Cockpits
Covered Cockpits
Naturally Aspirated Engines
Turbocharged Engines
Supercharged Engines
1.6 Litre Engines
2.4 Litre Engines
3.0 Litre Engines
V6 Engines
V8 Engines
V10 Engines
V12 Engines
Engine Energy Recovery System
4 to 8 Forward Gears
7 Forward Gears
30kg Gearbox Minimum Weight Limit
50kg Gearbox Minimum Weight Limit
Manual Transmission
Semi-Automatic Transmission
Automatic Transmission
Constantly Variable Transmission
Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS)
Four Pot Brake Calipers
Six Pot Brake Calipers
Simplistic Braking Systems
Ducted and Vented Brakes
Unrestricted Braking Systems
High Minimum Ride Height
Medium Minimum Ride Height
Low Minimum Ride Height
Simplistic Sprung Suspension
Front-Rear Interconnected Suspension
Unrestricted Suspension Systems
Flat Front Wing Mainplate Angle
Swept Back Front Wing Mainplate Angle
Swept Back Front Wing Mainplate Angle
Aerodynamically Simple Front Wings
Complex Front Wings
Unrestricted Front Wing Development
Drag Reduction System
Flat Rear Wing Endplate Angle
Swept Back Rear Wing Endplate Angle
Aerodynamically Simple Rear Wings
Complex Rear Wings
Unrestricted Rear Wing Development
Simple Diffusers
Blown Diffusers
Blown Double Diffusers
Aerodynamically Simple Floors
Complex Floor Development
Unrestricted Floor Development
Unlimited Wind Tunnel Testing
Limited Wind tunnel testing
Unlimited in-season test track usage
Limited in-season test track usage
Restricted in-season test track usage
Unlimited Simulator usage
Restricted Simulator usage
Unlimited Telemetry Centre usage
Restricted Telemetry Centre usage
May Car Development Start Date
June Car Development Start Date
July Car Development Start Date
August Car Development Start Date
September Car Development Start Date

Your player character also had a salery - which apparently we could gamble with... but I assume we could use it for better reasons (either some personal stats or team reinvestment)

"Your starting salary is {PlayerSalary} a month. This will be paid into your personal account at the end of every month. Do try not to fritter too much of it away at the bookmakers."

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back