Modding Requests Thread

Hi everyone, i make a survey to know wich mod you want to see made by me. Here a list

The Survey is on until i got the game ;)
The 90's car DLC's are not in a pssg file so i doubt that they can be moddable.They are nfs file which i doubt can be opened and modded.

The first problem is the textures for the models we can get at. That needs a solution found, because anything that may be in an nfs file would probably have the same coding.

I think nfs files just contain data......audio files, dds files etc. Whether they actually contain a model or just data needed to display the model in game I'm not sure. I'll put my money on the data bit.

If I remember correctly I think Miek was working on something to open up or extract data from a nfs file....think it was one of the Dirt games, but I don't think it was ever finished.

Even if you are able to export data from nfs files, you'll still need a packer to get it back into the game, and seeing that it has bee impossible just to get LOD's models back in, I think there is little to no chance of anything being different for the nfs files.

On a side note I have been 95% successful in creating a new UV map for the 2013 model, with shader map and wireframe so the model is recognised in F1 2012 with working mirrors etc etc. Not going to be available for upload ever due to RD's policy on porting backwards to a previous title, but just saying if you know what you are doing and have the tools, it might be able to import the 2013 cars back too the 2012 game with textures that the model will accept and also be usable in PS.

But all this is just pie in the sky......don't get the textures sorted for the models in this game equals very little texture modding this year.

Oh and P.S.....anyone that has the game and can open up the car textures in Photoshop.....click on the channels tab and look at the blue layer....it is completely different from the other layers above it......something very strange happening with the texture files in this game.

The first problem is the textures for the models we can get at. That needs a solution found, because anything that may be in an nfs file would probably have the same coding.

I think nfs files just contain data......audio files, dds files etc. Whether they actually contain a model or just data needed to display the model in game I'm not sure. I'll put my money on the data bit.

If I remember correctly I think Miek was working on something to open up or extract data from a nfs file....think it was one of the Dirt games, but I don't think it was ever finished.

Even if you are able to export data from nfs files, you'll still need a packer to get it back into the game, and seeing that it has bee impossible just to get LOD's models back in, I think there is little to no chance of anything being different for the nfs files.

On a side note I have been 95% successful in creating a new UV map for the 2013 model, with shader map and wireframe so the model is recognised in F1 2012 with working mirrors etc etc. Not going to be available for upload ever due to RD's policy on porting backwards to a previous title, but just saying if you know what you are doing and have the tools, it might be able to import the 2013 cars back too the 2012 game with textures that the model will accept and also be usable in PS.

But all this is just pie in the sky......don't get the textures sorted for the models in this game equals very little texture modding this year.

Oh and P.S.....anyone that has the game and can open up the car textures in Photoshop.....click on the channels tab and look at the blue layer....it is completely different from the other layers above it......something very strange happening with the texture files in this game.
By this you mean that there is very little chance for anyone or me to make skins for cars?But if you or someone can give us the 3d models to work with it's still possible. As you said the blue layer is different we just need to know what is changed and get used to it :)

For 90 car on NFS files, wedont have to reput it if someone make whole 90 mod, so replacing 2013 car for 90 ones, like we did on 2012 game to put a McLaren car on hrt one for exemple.

But the skinning issue can be done old way like you said on an other tread. Longest time to do it but still possible. For now 80 one can be modded

For 90 car on NFS files, wedont have to reput it if someone make whole 90 mod, so replacing 2013 car for 90 ones, like we did on 2012 game to put a McLaren car on hrt one for exemple.

But the skinning issue can be done old way like you said on an other tread. Longest time to do it but still possible. For now 80 one can be modded
You mean skinning without models?That's quite time consuming.The good old fashion days when there weren no models to hlep

By this you mean that there is very little chance for anyone or me to make skins for cars?But if you or someone can give us the 3d models to work with it's still possible. As you said the blue layer is different we just need to know what is changed and get used to it :)

As I have said. For the moment I do not see an answer to getting usable models to help with skinning. None at all.

I hope it's just something that can be rectified with a new script or something for 3DSimed.....but I highly doubt it.

I do know that the extras for the helmets, vents etc seem to be in the highhelmet pssg file within the models folder.

That means it's on a seperate dds texture file, and as of yet we cannot get to these files.

There does come a time when some games can no longer be graphically modded.....perhaps this is that time.

- Would be great to have tire degradation mod, the same one that was made for F1 2012.

- Visor mod

- HD steering wheel, track and circuit.

As I have said. For the moment I do not see an answer to getting usable models to help with skinning. None at all.

I hope it's just something that can be rectified with a new script or something for 3DSimed.....but I highly doubt it.

I do know that the extras for the helmets, vents etc seem to be in the highhelmet pssg file within the models folder.

That means it's on a seperate dds texture file, and as of yet we cannot get to these files.

There does come a time when some games can no longer be graphically modded.....perhaps this is that time.
Hopefully not. It's supposed to run on the same engine as last year so the changes shouldn't be that much.F1 2012 was very popular with it's modding ability. Hopefully this will be bigger one. If not then 2014 probably will be unmoddable. I hope this time haven't come yet.

That fact that it is done on the same graphics engine has absolutely no bearing on whether a model can be exported or not.....it all comes down to how the textures are coded for the models.

This is correct placement for textures.....does it look correct to anyone?

:rolleyes:

28kv.jpg

Hopefully not. It's supposed to run on the same engine as last year so the changes shouldn't be that much.F1 2012 was very popular with it's modding ability. Hopefully this will be bigger one. If not then 2014 probably will be unmoddable. I hope this time haven't come yet.

Codemaster this summer decide to give more tool and opportunity for modder. In fact on Grid 2 they share a tool to do so.... i guess they will not go on the opposite direction for 2014 game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back