Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of those cars are illegal conversions from Forza 4. The site even includes a link telling you how to convert Forza 4 cars to AC and a link to a torrent with the Forza 4 car files in it.

Looks pretty dodgy to me.:thumbsdown:

I think some of those cars are illegal conversions from Forza 4. The site even includes a link telling you how to convert Forza 4 cars to AC and a link to a torrent with the Forza 4 car files in it.

Looks pretty dodgy to me.:thumbsdown:
taken care of

Admin_25530d_1692115.jpg

hi guys,ive installed the gp2 mod,but i have no sound at all,anyone know of a fix.
cheers.

A guy on the AC forums posted placeholder fmod fixes for all the mods. Not sure if it made it to the racedepartment download section.

A quick search there should find it for you.

First impression about AC official forums: "what the... i can't read before registering? ok.. done.. i can't read before connecting valid license thru steam or.. where? and why?"

I was actually looking for in advance for info what i need, what is the workflow since it's a paid project; i need to know how much time it would take, do i need new softwares before i can even start to think about giving estimates.. Pretty odd policy there, not a good first look.. And no info pretty much anywhere, can anyone point me to right direction where to find some kind of tutorial? Yes, i have AC but i got DX10.1 GPU so... yeah... another oddity, DX11 will downgrade to DX9 pretty much automatically. But mainly, i need info on what do i need besides AC_SDK? (yes, of course i got 3dsimed..)

And second question: Honestly, what kind of attitude AC has for modding? Is it really supported or is it just "we kind a have to provide tools for modding but we ain't gonna make it easy for you?" Since this is not official, i expect more frank and direct, honest opinions :)

• Deleted member 161052

Why have you deleted the skin of Gran Turismo Stealth Model? There was no illegal material on the inside only dds files.
They can possibly be illegal conversion from Forza Motorsport 4, just to tell you

And second question: Honestly, what kind of attitude AC has for modding? Is it really supported or is it just "we kind a have to provide tools for modding but we ain't gonna make it easy for you?" Since this is not official, i expect more frank and direct, honest opinions :)
Right now they're too busy to actually help, but it mostly works well with the official tools, esp. if you use 3dsmax. Sounds are the main exception, they're switching to a new engine and haven't settled on all the methods yet so it's kinda up in the air in terms of modding.

Right now they're too busy to actually help, but it mostly works well with the official tools, esp. if you use 3dsmax. Sounds are the main exception, they're switching to a new engine and haven't settled on all the methods yet so it's kinda up in the air in terms of modding.

3dsmax... Yeah, how many here have license to it? How many modders have a legit version of any Autodesk product.. :) I am against modding community being almost forced to use 3dsmax and i'm totally against community for making tutorials with software they don't own for users who also don't own it... ;)

But back on topic, that is good news and bad news, i guess...

Blender has been used for a number of mods, most notably the Lake Louise Loop track. You don't have to use 3DS Max legit or otherwise.

It's not really Kunos's fault Blender has issues, their import tools read ascii fbx, which Blender can import/export for static meshes mostly fine (it's what I use for modding) but for boned skeletons, Blender's fbx tool just doesn't work right, and I don't really expect Kunos to write a better fbx exporter when they obviously use 3dsmax's. So until someone who knows about Blender export filter code can fix that, it's not really possible to export animated drivers/suspension.

Not sure if this is the place to ask or who's responsible for it. But, wouldn't it be much better to have all the modded car skins sorted according to their cars?

If I'm looking for a new skin for a certain car it would be much more handy to just open a folder of said car and have all the skins there. I know you can sort alphabetically, but that doesn't help to much when many skins are named '#14 ...'. or something like that.

If there's already a way to properly sort the modded skins by cars then please just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 250 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%