Modding Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is difficult to discern.

One thing that will help you is to look up the last date of modification on the .kn5 file in the track folder:

Almost always if a track gets updated, the .kn5 file will be changed and with that the date of its last modification. Compare this date with the update date of the new version of a track.

How to install skins
  • Go to the install location of your "Valve" folder, normally under Programs
  • Follow this directory:
  • image.jpg
  • Select the disired car and select "skins"
  • Extract the folder with its files to that directory
  • You will be able to select the installed skin under
  • 222.jpg
    in the car info screen after a restart of the game

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...kins-for-the-assetto-corsa-racing-club.88283/

@georg....
You'd have to download and extract both files to compare dates.
My issue is that in most cases, I've already got the car or track installed and I'm trying to remember if it was already the latest revision.
I'd still like to see a simple readme file with version or revision number.
It'd take all the mystery out... just in the event that somebody mod a previously released car or track.
If a track or car builder can spend literally hundreds of hours putting together a project, I can't imagine a few more seconds to include what version number or who he/she is would matter.

Last edited:
For some unknown reason, the previous Modding Q's thread was removed.
So here's a new one.

You know the drill, if you have any questions related to modding Assetto Corsa, please post them in here :)

I really wish I knew more about 3d modelling. I have so many cars I want to build. I know there are tutorials out there but I'm almost certain now that I will be finding some Community College classes to take for 3ds Max so that I can start making my own models for AC.

I have looked high and low in nearly every game/sim out there for a legitimate Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor and/or Dodge Charger Police Vehicle. I'm not interested in lights and sirens (I get my fill of that at work). I just want a well replicated base model of a CVPI or CPV to run in a legit Simulation. Assetto Corsa is where I have landed because I believe the future of PC Simming will be with this game. I know there are people that don't consider these cars to be worthy of racing but have you seen some of the cars coming out?! And I know you all are downloading them because I see the numbers!

Tell me there wouldn't be a huge portion of this community that wouldn't get a kick out of driving these cars around the track and actually get a feel for what they can/can't do. As a EVOC instructor for my department I think Simulations (the ones we use now are horrible and inaccurate) have played a roll in Officer/Firefighter/EMS safety as they respond in all conditions to all places at all times of day or night. Now to translate the decision making of EVOC course curriculum with a legitimate physics and graphical environment I think it would be invaluable to getting the less experienced drivers more comfortable with the techniques and allow them more room for error prior to burning octane and rolling tires on the track.

So I ask you... WHO'S WITH ME!!!????

Maybe get in touch with @Harey; he's put a P71 in Racer. I'm not sure how well simulated it is or if it's available to download though.

Sounds like a good idea to give people experience within an accurate simulation.

Good idea on tagging me Stereo, so I could more quickly respond. I do have a P71, converted from GTA, but never released, because I felt the interior wasn't that great, and the simulation side of it, is not great either, granted I never got the pleasure of driving a P71, but did get to drive new Taurus Police cars. I actually had to dig for a picture of it, as I didn't feel like getting into Racer right now, as its kind of late. Dressed up in Michigan State Police livery though, despite having the wrong lights on the roof.
screenshot134_zps4257c559.png

Edit: Just noticed this is in the Assetto Corsa mod thread, this P71 is in Racer.

Cool Harey, hope to see a port into Assetto but I may just have to dig in myself. I know these are big projects so maybe we can get a small group of guys together to work on it.

Hi, obviously a lot of time and effort goes into modding and thanks to all the people that put the effort in. Can I assume, that any mods for download on this forum are all safe and legal and I'm not going to have any issues? Cheers

Hi, I have d/loaded several tracks, but none show up in game .
I have put them in steam/steam apps/common/assettocorsa/content/tracks.

The track foldr are in there. I have checked that none of the folders contain sub-folders which then contain the data files.
If I open ....say...nord snoopys folder, I see the AI,data,sfx,skins files etc....

Has anybody got an idea why they are not working in game?

Thanks in advance
Paul

How many tracks did you download?
Have you restarted the game afterwards?
Try to add only one track at a time and see if one particular track is causing the problems. The Top Gear track version has a history of doing that.

What I always do is unzip to an temp folder to check the zipped path!
Some mods are just zipped with the track folder others with the full path from the assetocorsa folder.

I am not sure but this? but Keep the track/car folder name as it is,
as it is case sensitive!?

Hope it helps!

Sorry if I'm being dim and it already exists but what are the chances of their being an auto-updater for AC. Something that can import the latest version of tracks, cars and apps directly into the file system ala Steam auto-update. When you start dealing with several WIP tracks and cars it can become a bit overwhelming. FWP I know.

Excuse me, Im a first timer here. Have just bought AC, and I am very experienced 3ds max user. I would like to start creating my first track, but I need help with 3ds max to assetto corsa sdk workflow, geometry types, export settings, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%