Modding Questions Thread

I know this question is very late to still use F1 2013. But I want to change the drivers names and I know I need to use the language editor for the language file. But where do I change the names of the drivers then? Please help me. It's important for me!

Hey guys, I'm trying to change drivers to new teams with EGO database Editor, but this always make the game crash right before the user choice. Can someone help me with this? I am changing the "f1team" column on f1drivers_f1teams, is that I supposed to do?

Hello recently i wanted to make fantasy skin for sauber but i found that i have slight problem because in PS sa_main livery i cannot find remaining grey parts of car can someone please help me with that ?
vwbs7dB.jpg

Is there a way to change the points system in the game? for example winner would get 50 points instead of 25. and top15 drivers would all get some points and so on... i cant find any thread about this and iv been looking through both of the editors but cant find a way to change it. Would be awesome if someone could help and tell me if its possible or not :).

• Deleted member 161052

Is there a way to change the points system in the game? for example winner would get 50 points instead of 25. and top15 drivers would all get some points and so on... i cant find any thread about this and iv been looking through both of the editors but cant find a way to change it. Would be awesome if someone could help and tell me if its possible or not :).
It's not possible to change the points system.

How to change team names?

I have been struggling to do this. I have tried and change Marussia to Manor for example on Ryder's Language Editor but when i try to save that file it says i cant and there is some error. I downloaded some skins and i want the team names to match the cars. Pls help me if u can :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
I'm a bit late but is there a way to get rid of the celebration/parc ferme sequences after finishing in the top 3 in qualifying and race? So I can continue to the next race as if I hadn't finished on the podium.

Hello everyone,

So recently I switched from playing F1 2012 to playing F1 2013. Just felt like taking on a new challenge really.
But there's a problem. I noticed that the TV-Pod cam is completely different in 2013.
It's just way more zoomed in and annoying basically. Because I am constantly looking at the helmet in 2013, whereas in 2012 I could see a small part of the steering wheel.. Which I actually really liked.

I'll show you what I mean in 2 screenshots.

2012:
http://imgur.com/IGlZNb0

2013:
http://imgur.com/i2ttQYL

Well my problem here is simple:
I liked the 2012 cam ALOT more. And when I go onto YouTube and check actual gameplay videos of F1 2013, I see a lot of people who have a kind of similair TV-Pod cam as to 2012, where the top part of the steering wheel is visible. - However, I do NOT have this.
I already tried going into my F1 2012 folder, go to the 'Cars' folder, go to the 'Ca2' folder (Caterham), copy the "Camera" file and put that in the same folder but then in 2013. This did actually fix my problem.... Untill I started driving. The camera just tilts up to the air and does not want to move down.
So basically, what I am also trying to say with that is.. I HAVE seen the actual proof of it being possible to have a less zoomed in TV-Pod cam in F1 2013. But I did not get it to work.
I tried looking for F1 2013 camera mods on Racedepartment. But all I find are cockpit and TV-pod offset cam mods.

So I'd like to see if there's anyone here who could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

PS: If there's anyone who knows how to make the camera files from 2012 compatible for F1 2013, that'd be a great help.

I'm not certain if its already mentioned in here (im not looking through 92 pages for one comment after all) but, how do you make the ferarri 312T model useable for modding without it having 4 "phantom" wheels on it. Here's a screenshot explaining what i mean. - http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...298/C01B217E1D83A70B6585941B973ADE442FE576BF/

I can't figure out how to get rid of this second set of wheels and its really irking me now.

Another alternative would be resizing the real wheels to hide them. Either will do.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm trying to change drivers to new teams with EGO database Editor, but this always make the game crash right before the user choice. Can someone help me with this? I am changing the "f1team" column on f1drivers_f1teams, is that I supposed to do?
Get the ryder language editor and then edit the language file then once that is open click edit and search and search there last name and change it to whatever you want it to be (Vettel changed to Hamilton)

How do i change the performance on the cars on f1 2013. i know how to open the database and all that but when i get to the teams i dont know what to change and how much to change. (i got a Bugatti mod which replaces marussia but its got the same performance but i want to change so it can get in the points often just a bit better performance than force india)

How to change team names?

I have been struggling to do this. I have tried and change Marussia to Manor for example on Ryder's Language Editor but when i try to save that file it says i cant and there is some error. I downloaded some skins and i want the team names to match the cars. Pls help me if u can :)
Hi can you send me a link to Ryder modding system just because i try the websites but it just won't work like it has been tooken down! Please help

Hi,
I'm new to this site and first of all I want to thank you all for all the material you've posted here.
I'm a F1 fan and I love to play with F1 car 3D models, so you've made me very happy.
I'm trying now to export the F1 2012 cars from the .pssg files to .3ds using 3dsimed.
I'm able to open the .pssg file and see the car with livery but without tyres.
For sure I'm missing something.
Can anybody please help me?
Thank you in advance.

Hi,
I'm new to this site and first of all I want to thank you all for all the material you've posted here.
I'm a F1 fan and I love to play with F1 car 3D models, so you've made me very happy.
I'm trying now to export the F1 2012 cars from the .pssg files to .3ds using 3dsimed.
Thank you in advance.

You missed my point in my reply in the F1 2012 forum, please post modding questions in the sticky thread at the top of each game's mod forum. In this case here in this thread.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/modding-questions-thread.68653/

I have merged your post into this thread

@Other modders here. The F1 2012 modding forum is mostly dead. Assuming that there's not much difference between these games, perhaps you may be able to help him here

Hi,
Thank you in advance.
Modding on F1 2012 was easy in terms of logos because there was no mirroring but you had to do more work in F1 2013 most of logos are mnirrored but its not that bad on some cars you should use 3d templates made by ML2166 or wilmer chavez

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%