Modding Questions Thread

How can i make it so that the ai drivers have different helmets? :S
Bianchi Helmet.jpg

Im trying to change Bianchi's Helm, but when in game...
2015-04-14_00001.jpg

2015-04-14_00012.jpg

Helmet should of changed no? Any advice on what im doing wrong? or how to change it so the new helmet design is in game?

Attachments

• 2015-04-14_00005.jpg
    2015-04-14_00005.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 316
  • Deleted member 161052

How can i make it so that the ai drivers have different helmets? :S
View attachment 89398
Im trying to change Bianchi's Helm, but when in game...View attachment 89399
View attachment 89403
Helmet should of changed no? Any advice on what im doing wrong? or how to change it so the new helmet design is in game?
you should also add the helmet at cars/ma2/livery_00/textures_high.
The folder cars/ma2/livery_00/textures_high is for in-game purposes meanwhile the higtxt_(driver).pssg is for post-race purposes.

The folder cars/ma2/livery_00/textures_high is for in-game purposes meanwhile the higtxt_(driver).pssg is for post-race purposes.
Ok so i did as u said, but i think i have corrupted the textures :S
When i went to do a race:
2015-04-14_00014.jpg
2015-04-14_00016.jpg

But when i exit the race and reloaded the race for a 2nd time:
2015-04-14_00018.jpg

I also tried driving for a different team and Bianchi's helmet was his default helmet :(
Any ideas how to make it so that the Scottish Helmet can be seen on Bianchi when you are driving for a different team or his team mate?

Help! I changed driver photo of a driver by using Ryder PSSG Editor and importing a DDS file that had the new driver photo, but when I saved to the frontend folder and played the game, the picture did not change. I also tried to copy and paste the frontend folder to my desktop to edit and then after I edited I copy and pasted the frontend folder from the desktop to the F1 2013 folder but the picture still did not change. How do I fix this problem?

When you change the F1 2013 start menu logo, it glitches.

So I used Ryder PSSG Editor and I changed the F1 2013 start menu logo to my own (it was a DDS file yes) and so I saved and then when I wanted to play the game it just shows another camera screen that is zooming into the car in the menu (the main one is at the bottom but there is another one at the top).

Is the logo located somewhere other than the nonpersistent file?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'd like to ask you lot 2 questions on the driver tracksuits and car for F1 2013:

Q1: is there a way for me to remove the driver's name and country from the tracksuit and car?

Q2: if that involves using certain photoshop programs, could I also get a brief step-by-step example on how to remove the name and country from the car and tracksuit? Or if its already written somewhere on the forums, then could somebody link it?

Thanks.

Cornering grip and exit corner acceleration. How can I change them for AI and player? Also AI start line acceleration?

I like using "Custom AI difficulty levels v1.1" but on fast tracks like Monza I feel it drops only top speeds of AI.

I know that these questions might be asked hundred times but I havent find an easy solution. i have tried different mods and different xml attributes but I'd like to find a solution where I could change AI cornering and exit grip/speed in a middle of a race. In some races, on different mods, AI is good but in some races like Monza AI has just too much corner and acceleration speed.

Last edited:
I've tried to use the EGO Database Editor to change the AI driver name. Trying to replace Pastor Maldonado (My teammate @ Williams because I love Williams but don't like Pastor) to my favorite racer Juan Pablo Montoya, but everytime I edit Pastor to Juan, his name is blank in the game. How do I make it so JuanPablo shows up?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back