Modding Questions Thread

Heyy I'd like to know how can I edit my team mate's performance in qualifying and races. I created a new team and replaced Caterham, modded the handlings as well so the car is one that can fight for the win, but Kamui is always at the back .. :/ How can I make him better?
with the database editor if you want a faster kobayashi replace all the value to 1 i don't know the original ryder name

• Deleted member 147278

How does one make a silverish look when painting a helmet so it shines and reflects ingame ?

F1 2013 MAC mods?

Hi there,

I bought this game on steam with 75% off the other day and am loving it. It takes me back to Micropose's formula 1 game (by Geoff Crammond I think?).

I was especially pleased to find that there's loads of tweaks etc. They are, in my opinion well needed as really the game should be as 'sandboxy' as possible. I wan't to choose the rules and have more control over reliability and failures etc.

I was particularly pleased to see one mod that allows of AI damage as so far, there hasn't been one AI-AI incident which is just rubbish.

Unfortunately, I downloaded the .xml mod and can see a corresponding file in my mac game directory but unfortunately the formatting and content of the files seems to be different. I;ve had a play around with the xml but the game just plays the same.

I notice on here that the 2012 version was moddable on mac just like PC but can't find any mention of mods on Mac for the F1 2013 version.

Am I doing something wrong? is it possible to mod the mac version?

Thanks for any feedback or help

Paul

F1 2013 MAC mods?

Hi there,

I bought this game on steam with 75% off the other day and am loving it. It takes me back to Micropose's formula 1 game (by Geoff Crammond I think?).

I was especially pleased to find that there's loads of tweaks etc. They are, in my opinion well needed as really the game should be as 'sandboxy' as possible. I wan't to choose the rules and have more control over reliability and failures etc.

I was particularly pleased to see one mod that allows of AI damage as so far, there hasn't been one AI-AI incident which is just rubbish.

Unfortunately, I downloaded the .xml mod and can see a corresponding file in my mac game directory but unfortunately the formatting and content of the files seems to be different. I;ve had a play around with the xml but the game just plays the same.

I notice on here that the 2012 version was moddable on mac just like PC but can't find any mention of mods on Mac for the F1 2013 version.

Paul

Merged into the modding questions sticky thread .......

• Deleted member 161052

F1 2013 MAC mods?

Hi there,

Paul
Try downloading a car skin or a camera mod, it will work fine :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 147278

Also another question ... how much can the game be modded before you can't play it online ... as far as i'm aware you can't mod track files and database and car balance files. Can you edit the language file and have ability to play online ?

Hi guys. I used to have a nice visor mod (visor overlay) for f1 2013, but I have had to reformat and lost some files. Does any one know if it still exists? And where it might be?

This is a pic:
81_zps0b5c360f.jpeg

Thanks
Andy

Also another question ... how much can the game be modded before you can't play it online ... as far as i'm aware you can't mod track files and database and car balance files. Can you edit the language file and have ability to play online ?
Language file will be absolutely no problem mate.

Thanks for this. I'm not as worried about the cosmetics, I'd rather be able to mod things like AI damage, safety car, rules etc... I will try a camera mod or two though :)
I dont have a mac but i dont see the problem with a MAC.

AI damage mod is already done, safety car cant be much tweaked, just from some extreme experienced and good modders, trust me, you cant do it (dont take it personally :D) and rules, ai skill race calendar and many more acn be done within the database.

just seach for Ryders database editor, youll find it. database is located in the F1 2013 folder in.... Database :D

Hi there,

since long time i didnt check here, i saw 90 car was able to be paint.

I dont really want to search on every page i've missed but how its work to extract those files

Also any update/solution came since 1 yrs from the mirroring part ?

Is there a way to remove that slowing down effect when you exit the track or cut the track? I would like to do some aggressive overtakes without game slowing me down.

Hi i have downloaded the ctf editor but i don't know how to edit.
On youtube there is a video where the maximum speed is 400km/h I've edited gears and breaks like in the video description and it works (my teammate is the same)

Hi. Trying to make my own tyre mod, so I've been looking through some others to see how it's done. These mods for 2012 (here and here) both have different sidewalls, but I can't seem to find the texture for the sidewalls anywhere in the PSSGs. I've PMed the author (he did both mods) but he seems to be inactive. Can anyone explain to me where the tyre gets its sidewall texture from in this mod? Cheers!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back