Modding Questions Thread

Hey guys...
During my F1 2013 career,after the Hungaroring,I left Sauber for Mercedes.
But I got this problem:
F1_2013 25-06-2014 18-21-15-966.jpg
As you can see,me and Nico got the same number on the car and the same gloves too even if I took Hamilton's place.
How can I fix it?

Hey guys, new here but I have a question. I've been screwing around with the Ferrari 312, I managed to get it into grand prix races in classic mode but the AI are consistently running off the track in fast corners. I've tried messing around with the AI table in the database but I can't seem to get them to stay on the track. Anyone have any ideas?

hi guys, have a question for you.
I want to use the dds plugin on my mac, but i've read that it's not compatible with Mac because of Directx and Nvidia.
I saw that you can open the ddd files with Gimp, but i don't know how to install the dds plugin on it.
Thanks for your help!

Sorry about this question its not a moddingquestion but please can someone hepl me about the saving of th game. When I quit out of my f1 2013. And open it up again the all thing is corrupted I couldn't go any longer than Bahran in a career season. I sitched off the Steam cloud.

Hi guys, I'm currently in the process of making a GP2 Mod but because this is my first real attempt at a proper mod, I've run into a problem.

No Problem.png

This is what the car is supposed to look like. It's using the McLaren car, by the way.
However, when the car is far away, this happens:
Problem.png

The tyres become blue, just like the car. I have encountered this issue before, when making other mods for my own use, but I do not know how to solve it, even after trial and error with many of the components in the dds file. Is there somewhere that I should have left the dds file black but instead coloured it blue? Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm currently in the process of making a GP2 Mod but because this is my first real attempt at a proper mod, I've run into a problem.

View attachment 58331
This is what the car is supposed to look like. It's using the McLaren car, by the way.
However, when the car is far away, this happens:
View attachment 58332
The tyres become blue, just like the car. I have encountered this issue before, when making other mods for my own use, but I do not know how to solve it, even after trial and error with many of the components in the dds file. Is there somewhere that I should have left the dds file black but instead coloured it blue? Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I've linked my DDS file here to show what it looks like.
Have you edited the specocc? Or installing a high-LOD mod?

Have you edited the specocc? Or installing a high-LOD mod?
Yes I have edited it, not a great way admittedly - I just cleaned away the logos and the darker colours in the red and green channels. And no, no high-LOD mod.

McLaren speccoc.png

I did replace my speccoc with the original McLaren one, and I still have the issue, so I don't think it was the speccoc. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Edit: After more testing I pretty much answered my own question... For reference, it is this that I should not have coloured blue:

Don't colour.png

That part of the texture determines the low-res version of the wheel and tyre, which is why previously, from far, the car tyre was blue.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back