Modding Questions Thread

Anyone figured out how to disable weather completely for career yet? Patch 6 and apparently they've reduced the chance of rain in the last few but it's still giving rain every weekend no matter what the track. Even 0% chance of rain will have it. Sick of waiting for CM to fix it, the bunch of amateurs don't have a clue and I'd like to play career at some point.

Hi all

The one type of mod that really makes or breaks the game for me is being able to adjust the AI speeds at each track - preferably corner by corner.

The totally brilliant F1 2010 AI Tool Kit (by Orion 2001, Ryder 25 and others) allowed this to be done easily and massively improved my enjoyment of the game (thanks again to the makers).

Can anyone advise if...

1) the F1 2010 AI Tool Kit works with F1 2012?
2) if not, does one of Mr Ryder's superb programs enable this sort editing in F1 2012 (I realise it may be a bit more fiddly but I am up for the task!)

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!!:geek:

skidmark33

PS My avatar is a picture of Taito's Speed Race - the first racing game I ever played (in 1974!!!)

You can set it to reduce rules. Plus, why are even tapping? F1 isn't a contact sport :p
i dont he is deliberately tapping people, you do get penalties so easy in 2012 yet the AI's dont, i get tapped from behind i start to spin tap another car and yet i get a penalty, and ive been spun so many times yet they dont get any penalties yet i do, also if i do an accidental illegal overtake then slow down to let the car back past they dont pass every other goes flying past and yet the idiot AI is sat behind me.

also sorry but i dont want to sound like a complete idiot but how do you use these mods, do these mods actually change the game ? and are the patches automatic when you sign in and load the game up because i havnt had any since i first got the game and it did 1 update ??? oh and if these mods work is there one where i can remove all drivers names on there overalls and gloves ?

Hello,​
I am waiting for F1 2012 to download and I cannot wait to play it!! I have seen some great mods on this website :) I have the F1 2012 Steam game, is it possible for me to F1 2012 to install mods if it's on Steam?​
Please can someone write me a guide on how to install mods too please as I'm useless :) thanks! :)
I bought grand prix 4 but I didn't understand how to install the mods, so I bought this too :)
I really want some cool helmets and skins for cars? :)
Moved to modding questions thread - Gnu

@skidmark33

It is going to be a bit more complicated editing xml files and figuring out the corners, and what all the variables do, but like you said if you're up to the task, you can grab the BXML Editor, and edit the file "ai_vehicle_track.xml" from every track/circuits/xxx/route_0 folder.

Read readme for usage instructions, and when converting the xml file back to bin xml, type in the number 1 when the program asks you.

Examining the files and the editor from F1 2010 can probably help you understand these files too.

Good luck!

Hi,

Is it possible to change the pictures of the Drivers in the main menu ( for example in "Quick Race") ?
After I changed the Name of a driver, his picture is missing.

Thanks for help!

Last edited:
Ok next problem... I have moved Perez to McLaren and Hamilton to Mercedes. That leaves the Sauber seat open. I COULD move Michael Schumacher over to Sauber but don't think thats ever gonna happen in real life. So i opened the database.bin and saw Robert Kubica was there. But when i move him into the team the game crashes if i use him in quickrace... Probably because he don't have pssg.files etc...!?! How to fix that!? I don't want to delete MS because i don't know if i'm gonna use him again or not.

Thanks!

Will the files for Sam Bird, Oliver Turvy, Rossi, and Jules Bianchi work as a replacement for MS? It would be great to bring these guys up into a season.

Hi

I saw that you updated skins all your cars such as the ferrari with the nose black etc..., where did you downloaded? I ML2166 ones I can not download, theres written deleted
Thank you!

Move them into your

\F1 2012\characters\bespokehelmets

directory. The number in the file name (i.e. gen_03_tex_high.pssg) is the in-game number. In this example you'd have to use helmet #3, the preview picture in-game won't update.

Hello,​
I am waiting for F1 2012 to download and I cannot wait to play it!! I have seen some great mods on this website :) I have the F1 2012 Steam game, is it possible for me to F1 2012 to install mods if it's on Steam?​
Please can someone write me a guide on how to install mods too please as I'm useless :) thanks! :)
I bought grand prix 4 but I didn't understand how to install the mods, so I bought this too :)
I really want some cool helmets and skins for cars? :)

OK, installing mods. Let's choose a helmet for an example. When you download a mod as a zip file, unpack it, you should find a read_me file that explains how to install the mod. Let's pretend that there isn't a read_me.

1/ A helmet mod will usually have 2 files, numbered based on what number helmet the mod will replace in the game. Using helmet 3 as an example, because Tom mentions it above, the 2 files will be named as below, and they will be in a folder named bespokehelmets
  1. gen_03_tex_high.pssg
  2. gen_03_tex_low.pssg
2/ Your Steam install of F1 2012 will be in something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012

3/ Inside the characters folder will be the bespokehelmets folder

4/ Always make a backup of any folder where you install mods, just in case of errors, or if you want to revert back to normal. It's also worth making an other backup with the mod installed. If you use the Steam function 'verify your game cache' (to fix a problem), any broken, missing, or modded files will be replaced automatically by Steam, and you will be back to a standard install. Patches can also trigger this function, but not always.

5/ Now you have a backup, copy the new (modded) bespokehelmets folder and paste it into the character folder. Overwriting the existing files

6/ You might as well backup the bespokehelmets folder again whilst you are here, renaming the backup as bespokehelmets-modded or similar, whatever you want

7/ Start up Steam, and run the game

8/ Go to MyF1 > Profile > Select Helmet 3 (because that's the one you replaced). Depending on the mod, you might NOT see a picture of your new helmet, but as long as you selected the correct numbered helmet, you WILL see it in game.

Bear in mind that at some stage there might be a helmet pack as a mod, where multiple helmets are replaced, but the procedure is the same.

Other mods will be similar, where you may have a whole bunch of folders in the zip file. But you do exactly the same, by copying the new folders over the old folders to install. (Backing up before you do so)

There used to be a mod installing program by Ryder around this website (or his), that could install and remove mods at will, with a few of clicks or a mouse, automatically backing up the original files, or replacing them again when you want to remove a mod. It worked for F1 2010 and F1 2011, it might work with F1 2012, but I am not sure, I am assuming it will. This is great when you have quite a few mods installed, rather than just one or two.

Anyway, that's about it ...........

• Deleted member 137812

Does anyone know how you can edit the replay camera's?

hello

sry for my bad english, i play f1 2012 in drive in level pro , but iam too much slow (3-4 sek per round) i want change the database.bin with the editor from this forum , which skill I change for a "slower" AI driver in level Pro - i dont win with force india , but more realistic - thank for u help

greets...

How can I edit the names above the in-game cars,.is there a simple way? the driver could still be michael schumacher,..but I want it to show Lewis Hamilton.

Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years