Modding Questions Thread

Do you think you could have a look for me and see how it's done?

I think I now know where to edit driver names in the database etc, but changing the pictures in the menus is proving tough.

I would really appreciate your help with this.

OK I checked, Ryders pssg editor seems to work. Just load in b_michael_schumacher.pssg from the frontendfolder (back it up first :) ) and his picture is right there. So you can then import the new picture in its place (and new helmet also).

Question about the database and career, pls respond :3:
I not like that there aren't drivers changing teams etc. so I want to "simulate" it with editing the database after a season include swap helmets... the whole thing. Is this possible or will it break my profile?
(Sorry for my bad english)

How do you change the driver suits and helmets in the game? I have moved Hamilton to Mercedes but when i choose him in quickrace he gets in the car wearing a McLaren suit and off course his own helmet...

How do you change the driver suits and helmets in the game? I have moved Hamilton to Mercedes but when i choose him in quickrace he gets in the car wearing a McLaren suit and off course his own helmet...
That's because he has realised too late that he's made a wrong choice (sorry, not too helpful) lol

Ok next problem... I have moved Perez to McLaren and Hamilton to Mercedes. That leaves the Sauber seat open. I COULD move Michael Schumacher over to Sauber but don't think thats ever gonna happen in real life. So i opened the database.bin and saw Robert Kubica was there. But when i move him into the team the game crashes if i use him in quickrace... Probably because he don't have pssg.files etc...!?! How to fix that!? I don't want to delete MS because i don't know if i'm gonna use him again or not.

Thanks!

Sorry for posting this in a new thread instead of here :redface:.. My eyes seem not to be working today ..
I would like to know if it's possible to remove the position indicator on your steering wheel and have your delta time show there instead.

So for example instead of P01 it could show -0.35 but in real time. If this couldn't be done due to the game not having a delta time mechanic would is be possible to put your current lap time there instead ?

Thanks in advance and again sorry for making the mods job that little bit harder ..

Sorry for posting this in a new thread instead of here :redface:.. My eyes seem not to be working today ..
I would like to know if it's possible to remove the position indicator on your steering wheel and have your delta time show there instead.

So for example instead of P01 it could show -0.35 but in real time. If this couldn't be done due to the game not having a delta time mechanic would is be possible to put your current lap time there instead ?

Thanks in advance and again sorry for making the mods job that little bit harder ..

Well, just great if that would be possible...

Yes you just edit Ai_drivers or something like that.

I made massa a little more competitive and made Vettel as quick as Alonso, obviously this edits the drivers and not their cars.

When i rename the 'higtxt_lewis_hamilton.pssg ---> higtxt_sergio_perez.pssg' the driver suit/helmet and gloves looks like they don't have a skin and is totally grey-ish!?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%