Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Added the JPK Extractor to the OP that I made a while back. It's still alpha but I put it up for people to use and see if they can find anything interesting in JPK files before I commit any more time into it.

Two questions...

1.) I would like to install the Mod Pack located here but I don't want my downloaded career mode helmets to be replaced by the ones in this pack. What files should I not copy so I can keep these helmets and install everything else in the pack? I've heard that gloves and helmets are included in the same game file so I was worried about losing them when I install the HD gloves.

2.) In the aforementioned mod pack, does anyone know if the HD helmets replace the ones you see on the AI or are they just HD helmets you can select for career mode?

Thank you.

Two questions...

1.) I would like to install the Mod Pack located here but I don't want my downloaded career mode helmets to be replaced by the ones in this pack. What files should I not copy so I can keep these helmets and install everything else in the pack? I've heard that gloves and helmets are included in the same game file so I was worried about losing them when I install the HD gloves.

2.) In the aforementioned mod pack, does anyone know if the HD helmets replace the ones you see on the AI or are they just HD helmets you can select for career mode?

Thank you.

Your helmet is a personal helmet or one choose with the original game.

Hey there modding experts :),
I have a question that was not answered in the main mod pages so I will try again here and maybe somebody will have an answer for me :).
The thing is I only really play F1 in multiplayer LAN offline with my dad and I think the AI cars do drive in a bizarre manner here. Both computers have the exact same files and mods installed. So the questions are as following considering only LAN play:

1. can I turn the ghost feature completely off ? ( it bothers me when someone spins and I can drive right through them or vice versa, the same with my dad)
  2. also is it possible that the AI cars or my dad gets any damage when I drive into their cars and vice versa ? (as it seems when there is a collision between me and somebody else [when they are or I am not a ghost car] only I get damage
  3. I use a mixture of mods in our F1, which consist of the 99 mod files (ai folder) and a car mix mainly of Schifty's cars from the 94 season (but as it is only the liveries it shouldn't be a problem). Also I played a bit with the names of the drivers and teams and I changed the tier of some teams and the belonging horsepower in one of the files. Now in LAN play it seems that the cars are not really driving but like hovering and are also not properly steering through the corners. They sometimes stand in a weird angle towards the turns and like really hover through the turns that way. In addition they sometimes drive too wide over the curb and a bit of sand comes up but they still are very fast. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this or is this normal for the LAN play ?
  4. I would like to replace the hrt with the jaguar which was made from the toro rosso template. So I copied the toro rosso files over and renamed them all with hr1 and backupped the original and then I used the files for the jaguar renamed them and replaced the files. But then my car was completely black while the teammate has still the toro rosso livery. Do I have to change something else too like a file or is it simply not possible ?
So with all of these questions I will end my post now but that should cover all that is weighing on my mind for now :).
Thank you for your great mods and mod programs and for taking the time to read my request and maybe even have a solution for me to one of the above questions :).
It would be immensly appreciated by yours truly :).
Please never stop modding :),
Thank you a thousand times for all your work time and effort :).

EDITED : question 2 and 4 are solved hence they are crossed out :) for question 1 and 3 I still search an answer :)

Hi, I have a question for you,

I'm making a mod "World champions" (it means I just want to have F1 World Champions in the cars x) ), and to begin with, I did some tranfers between teams, like Schumacher to Ferrari. So, I changed the teams for some drivers in the database file, and in race, I indeed see Schumacher with His helmet and Merceds suit getting in the Ferrari, but when i'm in the cockpit, It's Alonso's skin, gloves, helmet, suit...

Do you know how to change that to have Schumacher skin in the Ferrari when i'm on track ?

Thanks a lot

Hi, I have a question for you,

I'm making a mod "World champions" (it means I just want to have F1 World Champions in the cars x) ), and to begin with, I did some tranfers between teams, like Schumacher to Ferrari. So, I changed the teams for some drivers in the database file, and in race, I indeed see Schumacher with His helmet and Merceds suit getting in the Ferrari, but when i'm in the cockpit, It's Alonso's skin, gloves, helmet, suit...

Do you know how to change that to have Schumacher skin in the Ferrari when i'm on track ?

Thanks a lot
Excellent idea, have been hoping for someone to go for this.

Nevertheless, to see Schumacher's helmet and suit on-track you will have to edit the skin of the Ferrari - it is all compiled in one .pssg file.

Excellent idea, have been hoping for someone to go for this.

Nevertheless, to see Schumacher's helmet and suit on-track you will have to edit the skin of the Ferrari - it is all compiled in one .pssg file.

Thx, I'll try to do that ! I found the pssg files, hope the models are the same, or the Schumachers's helmet skin will not fit Alonso's helmet =/

Unfortunately, I'm so bad on skinning, i'll need somedy to make the cars skins etc... But I think i'll make a thread for my project ^^

Thanks again !

Hey there modding experts :),
I have a question that was not answered in the main mod pages so I will try again here and maybe somebody will have an answer for me :).
The thing is I only really play F1 in multiplayer LAN offline with my dad and I think the AI cars do drive in a bizarre manner here. Both computers have the exact same files and mods installed. So the questions are as following considering only LAN play:

1. can I turn the ghost feature completely off ? ( it bothers me when someone spins and I can drive right through them or vice versa, the same with my dad)
  2. also is it possible that the AI cars or my dad gets any damage when I drive into their cars and vice versa ? (as it seems when there is a collision between me and somebody else [when they are or I am not a ghost car] only I get damage
  3. I use a mixture of mods in our F1, which consist of the 99 mod files (ai folder) and a car mix mainly of Schifty's cars from the 94 season (but as it is only the liveries it shouldn't be a problem). Also I played a bit with the names of the drivers and teams and I changed the tier of some teams and the belonging horsepower in one of the files. Now in LAN play it seems that the cars are not really driving but like hovering and are also not properly steering through the corners. They sometimes stand in a weird angle towards the turns and like really hover through the turns that way. In addition they sometimes drive too wide over the curb and a bit of sand comes up but they still are very fast. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this or is this normal for the LAN play ?
  4. I would like to replace the hrt with the jaguar which was made from the toro rosso template. So I copied the toro rosso files over and renamed them all with hr1 and backupped the original and then I used the files for the jaguar renamed them and replaced the files. But then my car was completely black while the teammate has still the toro rosso livery. Do I have to change something else too like a file or is it simply not possible ?
So with all of these questions I will end my post now but that should cover all that is weighing on my mind for now :).

Thank you for your great mods and mod programs and for taking the time to read my request and maybe even have a solution for me to one of the above questions :).
It would be immensly appreciated by yours truly :).
Please never stop modding :),
Thank you a thousand times for all your work time and effort :).

1)no I don't think so
2)yes I am pretty sure they do get damage, BUT if you want to make it a bit more real (plus possibility of retirements) you can edit the loose_parts_settings file to increase the damage to AI slightly
3) & 4) don't know sorry

1)no I don't think so
2)yes I am pretty sure they do get damage, BUT if you want to make it a bit more real (plus possibility of retirements) you can edit the loose_parts_settings file to increase the damage to AI
3) & 4) don't know sorry

Hey Keith thank you for your reply :). I have just edited the named file and it is much better now. I mean I still get pole when I play lan but in the race I do sometimes just gently touch the barrier or something which before was no problem but now... :D but it is much more fun as it makes you pay attention more as well as when you are about to overtake or are about to be overtaken..
Thank you very much for your help with one question :), I found out number 4 on my own so that is great now so there is only two left to go :D.

Hey guys I found another thing I would be interested in knowing :).
Do you think it is possible that when an ai car crashes or loses some parts and they or the car lie around somewhere that you change the time it takes for them to vanish up to some minutes so you can actually always see when things have happened and have so longer yellow flags and more race feeling ? :) I am thankful for all advises and tips :)

Which file should I edit to make changes to team performance. I'm doing a career "manually", so that I do them in Grand Prix mode, and then just manually change some drivers around etc. before I start the next season. I'd like to make changes to team performance as well, but haven't found the way to do it yet. Obviously I can change the tiers for teams, but that affects just qualifying. I wanted to make Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes, Ferrari be pretty much equal when racing against them, and copied McLaren's .ctf file in the "cars" folder to the other teams(and obviously renamed them). This has done nothing in my opinion, and even though Mercedes qualifies near the top, as I put them in tier 1, they still drop back to 6th-8th almost every race, while the Red Bulls always climb to the podium, despite qualifying badly from time to time. I also added a fictional USF1 team to replace Toro Rosso, and copied Lotus'(Renault) .ctf files to them, and also put them in tier 3. They qualify pretty well, but always fall in the race, even though they should be fighting for points. Oh, and I also changed teams horse power and virtual performances in the database, and that did nothing as well, in the race.

So what do I need to edit to change teams performance?

First of all I want to thank you guys for making it possible to mod F1 2011 :)
I edited my database.bin file using the database editor, however after changing some names (Heidfeld to Räikkönen) and some other things, my game crashes after the F1 2011 starter screen. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks! ;)

hello guys, I was wondering what files do I need to edit to change the start time of a race? for example, I'm looking to make the Malaysian GP a night race

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 389 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 252 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 184 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 310 13.0%