PC1 Modding in pCARS

Modding Team start on pCARS

And the "official" responce.

image.php

Ian Bell
Head of Studio

Our official position on modding is that we have no position on it.

Between us, if it's not being nicked from other games, I'm all for it.
This is where we came from as a team.
It would be hypocritical of us to have an issue.

clear.gif

I think there is legal obstacles using brand names or team names in MP
Yes, I can see that being the case. Too bad. I'm going back to iRacing then. Had enough with the sketchy MP bugs and issues. Too unstable for any organized racing. Too bad really. It's a fun game when it works right. Who's joining me in iRacing? Let's go represent RD! lol

Isn't that a quote from a good while ago, basically the same era as the 'EA made us do it, I have a cunning plan!' diversion?

Pcars appears to be every bit as obfuscated as shift 2.

The opinion of Micas is entirely worthless. Putting in the lowest bid for VA grunt work isn't something to brag about, especially when the VA has an astounding ability for producing erroneous data on veterans...

I'm sure he produces fantastic software, just like all the lowest-bid federal and state contractors do....What a joke.

Isn't that a quote from a good while ago, basically the same era as the 'EA made us do it, I have a cunning plan!' diversion?

Yesterday, 05:54 Ian Bell
Our official position on modding is that we have no position on it.

Between us, if it's not being nicked from other games, I'm all for it.
This is where we came from as a team.
It would be hypocritical of us to have an issue.

And goes on to say: Yesterday, 08:50 Ian Bell (On mod assets) "I just want to say that this looks fantastic. Well done guys."

And Yesterday, 12:15 Ian Bell "There's no endorsement or lack of endorsement from us guys."

Well I'll be damned. I consider myself 100% corrected.

I still suffer from flashbacks of digging in .bff/pakfiles when I see shift 2 mentioned.
I look forward to see what you guys can accomplish. The aggressive anti-mod stance from some of the backers never made sense to me.
Based on my superficial understanding, am I correct in thinking that pcars won't necessarily be any easier than shift 2?

Have only glanced at some of the data so far and simply noted the similarities, so my conclusions may be very, very off-base. I suppose running 'loose' is less of a mystery now than it was with shift 2 initially.

Last edited:
Please no more street cars in a racing game. This is not grand theft auto. Please when making DLC for this game on xbox one please make car packs so like cars can race with like cars from the same series. It sucks that no one can make a custom full length championship of 12 tracks. It too bad really that you cannot save the game in pits at le mans.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%