Modding an old playseat to fit g27

I've just gotten an early model playseat (v1?) for pretty cheap and I want to adapt it to fit my g27.

Here's what I've thought of so far:
playseat mod.png

I'm planning on anchoring the steering wheel bar to a stand made out of 2x4s and a bit of counter top. I was just going to drill through the metal and bolt it on top of a little wedge of 2x4.

The pedal board doesn't fit the g27...The bar in the middle gets in the way. So I'm either going to file down the top of the stand so the pedals can hang over a bit, or cut out a bit of the plastic from the bottom of the pedals so the bar can fit. Or maybe I'll just get rid of the bar all together and support the pedals with some 2x4s cut at an angle.

Anyone done something like this before? I'll gladly take some advice. I want this to be as solid as possible.

About the pedals:
I moved the pedal board a bit to the left, so my legs don't touch the middle bar.

Oh, I dunno if we're talking about the same thing...This is an older playseat, it looks like this:
playseatv1.png

the middle bar I'm talking about is the one on the ground, the way this one is set up it doesn't actually go through your legs.

The problem is the pedal board isn't big enough for g27 pedals, example:
pedalnotfitting.png

another shot:
pedalnotfittingagain.png

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline