moddin help

Well, you mean like scratch built cars or already released cars (mods)?

First isn't the easiest task out there, it usually requires alots of spare time, strong will and perhaps team of few people.

Second is easy-peasy. You just need to find the stuff, and then install it, which isn't traditional wizard-installer method, but isn't really hard.

If they are a .rar .zip or a .7z then you need to extract it using a program like winRAR. Once extracted, copy and paste the files to the rFactor folder.

If they are .exe, the the .exe and point its installation to your rFactor folder.

1. Download winRAR from HERE.
2. Once downloaded, install winRAR
3. Once installed, go to your downloaded rfactor mods, right-click on one of the file and choose "Extract to [File Name]". This will put it in its own folder inside your the folder it is currently stored in.
4. Once extracted, open up the folder and copy all of the files inside it.
5. If the contents inside are folders such as "GameData", "rFM", "UIData" (just to name a few) then you need to paste the files that you copied into your rFactor folder (Usually located at C:\Program Files\rFactor. If you downloaded a track and inside the folder it just has the name of the track as the first folder, then you need to go to "GameData\Locations" and paste it in there.

Hopefully you understand that, if not just say which bit you don't understand and I will try and re-word it. :)

How To Install A Mod Or A Track In Rfactor

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When you have downloaded the mod or track you want to use it should come in a .RAR file.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]To open that you will need a peace of software could WINRAR. You can find that by using Google.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Right the first thing I like to to do is make a folder on my Desktop. I name this Folder after the mod I wish to install.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So for this I will use the Ae86 Club v2 Mod.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I then copy my .RAR file and past it into that Folder. So you should have some thing that looks like this.[/FONT]

Rar Of Mod File Pic.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Now what you do next is Right click on the .RAR file and you should see this.[/FONT]

Rar File In Mod Folder.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Now what you do is click on Extract Here. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It will now open that .RAR file and it will past them into that folder, It should look [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]like this. [/FONT]

Rar Files Open.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Now all you need to do is copy them files for this mod they our GAMEDATA / MUSIC / RFM [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif](On a side note you can some times get a mod with lots more file such as MovieFiles / Support / UIData [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]so you would have 6 files and not just the 3 I have in this mod.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You now need to past them in your Rfactor folder.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I get to mine by going here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]C:\Program Files\rFactor.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Inside that folder you should see some thing like this.[/FONT]

Rfactor file open.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dont worry to much about what you see in mine I have many things on my Rfactor :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Now all you nee to do is right click on a white space (I.E not on a folder or file) and then click on past and you should see this pop up.[/FONT]

Over Right files.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Click on yes for all.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]That's it your done now just boot up Rfactor and have fun with you new mod.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If you download a track its more of the same some tracks just come as there name and others come in the GameData folder. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]All you do to install them is copy the file and past it here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If its just the track it goes here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Locations[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If its in the GameData folder that goes here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]And let it over right.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this guide helps. Please take into mind this is the way I do it there are other ways to install stuff into Rfactor but this is the way I like to do it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Please if you get stuck then please just ask :) [/FONT]​

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back