[MOD] VW Polo Cup 2007-2009

Aww yeaah!! AWESOME!

Here's how I figured (childhood awesomeness):

midtown_madness_2_24.jpg

Great game! Had great fun with it on our LAN sessions back those days :D And you lifted the mystery about the source of the model too! Thank you ;) Really didn't know were it came from any more...I just know that it was released for the F1C ETCC 2003 Mod as an addon a very long time ago :confused: Just had the model in my archives xD

But I really don't know how to handle this bonus car later...maybe I won't publish the Polo Cup with the model but a link somewhere deeeeeeeeeep in the readmes with which anyone can get the bonus car xD

Still struggling with missing support regarding skins/painting. That's one cause for the long silence. The others are the common things like work etc.

So now I will take up work again. Hopefully I'm able to show some progress during the next weeks. Currently I'm thinking of a Polo Cup preview mod with fictional skins, which can be published earlier - given that there are some people out there which are willing to donate skins! If the feedback on this idea is positive, I will put up a scene (for 3DSimEd and maybe Blender) and the newest template so everyone can start skinning and provide his skins for the preview mod ;) Sounds good? You are willing to donate a skin? Tell me! :D

This is the VW Polo Cup Template and Scene. With this, your favorite painting software and 3DSimEd you can start painting your own skins for the upcoming VW Polo Cup Mod!

As the mod is still in development I hope you will not only start painting but donate you skins so I can put up a first version of the mod with more than a few custom paintings. If you want your skin in the first version of the mod, please drop me a private message with your skin attached (or a download link inside, please use a layered format!).

Please note that this is not the final version of model, template or textures...so some things may change in the future.

Credits
base 3D model, textures and templates go to Matthi
some basic textures were taken from Simbin's Race07/STCC2

Copyright
You are allowed to use nearly every part of these files (except the Race07 files/textures) for your own work as long as you give proper credits.

Download

still no reactions here? all are waiting eagerly for the mod but no one is willing to contribute - even if it was made such "easy" now? strange! :D

maybe this progress-shot can push some to start looking at the templates and doing their own skins to contribute them ;)

...made the brakelights (screenshot some days ago) and though I can take the next step and doing the headlights etc....then I drove to work the other day and a Polo was right in front of me - must be destiny! then I recognized that I did the brakelights absolutely wrong! but fix was quite easy so now the other lights can be done :D

Can you upload a list of car numbers you already have, and perhaps also main sponsors. I am sure i can make a plan and help out. Just dont want to duplicate any you might have done already

currently working and updating my homepage TIREWALL.NET (guess tomorrow you will find all information there sorted and carried together)
you will get information and updates on the Polo Cup there too....especially a list of skins which will be included in the custom Polo Cup mod which will be first to be released ;)

Ok, so if i understand correctly, i can make up any custom skin i want and must just allocate a number thats available on your list (not 2007 or 2009)
Can i send you the dds file and you will put it all together, or can you supply the info for the .ini file to have it work in game. Is there any chance for a sneak peak at the mod, i only check my skins in game as i am not setup or awake enough to get it in 3d models to check.
I am just about finished with a custom Castrol skin and will then put work in the rest.

Yes, just be creative! And please tell us which numbers you wanna take (or I will choose one). If you decide to donate a skin, please upload it in layered format so I can add/remove things (the template is currently overworked again regarding default sponsors etc.).

You can use my uploaded scene for 3DSimEd (Link). Sorry I missed to tell here that a scene was uploaded by me ;) Please note again, that the template is some days old and was changed since the upload at nogrip. And the window-template wasn't touched until now but will be the next days, so here again please donate a layered version so I can update the skin for the mod if needed :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back