1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mod update

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by John-Eric Saxén, May 4, 2014.

1. The next carmod update will be scheduled a week or so before Round 3. In order to get your new/edited carskins included, they must be sent to me by 12th May 23:59 GMT. Submit to fsrmod2014@gmail.com as usual. Remember to follow the skin submit instructions here, wrongly sent skins will be ignored!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

sorry..is the track going to be updated to or is the server track the final product?

3. It will be updated, but basically for visual fixes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

i just wondered if the track surface would get some more details. feels ok.

5. Reminder: deadline for new/updated skins Monday 23:59 GMT.

6. Hi, I was a bit confused with this new mod installation. At first after installing the new car update (1.2) it was still showing 1.1 version cars. I did not see the version 1.2 car mod until I uninstalled the mod "FSR14 Mods - R03 China new" which has a date of May 6th. The Correct one is "FSR14 Mods - R03 China" with a Date of 5/14. I could login to the FSR server with either one installed. However if you leave the "FSR14 Mods - R03 China new" version installed, you will not be able to switch to the correct mod while in game. So it appears somewhat confusing with the 2 versions since the older one has "new" in the title as this one should be uninstalled for it to work correctly.

Am I the only one who has experienced this issue? One of our team members hasn't but I still think I should ask. Attached is a screen shot of the mod manager.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just uninstall both and join Server. It will install the correct one with 1.2 cars automatically.

8. Just uninstall the first one, then install the new one. Always works.

9. Yeah, this is rF2 unfortunately. I spent few hours getting version numbers right, but seems rF2 can't handle two versions installed at same time in car menu. Good news is that it will work online correct regardless if you have both installed.

10. I'm not able to join FSR server even with getmod; it download all, but then restart download cars. I think I need an "official" procedure to understand what I need and what not, becouse it's the first time that I have a problem like that. Thanks.

11. Well I did what others suggested and even taken a step further to delete the old mods from the mod manager. then go back to the server with getmod. you could also manually download and install the proper mods. The key for me was removing the old one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It seems ok now; my "FSR_2014_1_2" was about only 65 MB, so it was a bad download. I will check even MB next time before think other issues. Thanks ;).

13. what was the sound update was hoping to have 2014 sounds :p

14. Deadline for next mod update submission is Monday 9th 23:59 GMT.

15. Deadline for next mod update submission is Monday 4th August 23:59 GMT.

16. Reminder: you can still send any mod updates so that I have them by tomorrow afternoon latest.

17. Deadline for final mod update submission is Monday 22th September 23:59 GMT. Submit by this date if you want new car skins to be included in the mod for the final 3 races.

18. Reminder, deadline tonight.