Mod installation question

do I need to download JSGME to use mods or do I just put them in my common, cars or tracks folder?

I'm sure you get noobs on here that ask this stuff all the time so I apologize, I'm just used to using nexus mod manager for skyrim and witcher.

if I do need to download JSGME could someone give me a link? everyone I try is a deadend.

thanks, I'm looking forward to Assetto Corsa

For mods you should know the folder structure. In assetto, all mods (cars/skins/tracks) go into the content folder.

If a mod you downloaded has a content folder, you can simply paste in your AC folder. If you have only the name of the mod as folder and then immediately all files in it, then you must manually scroll through, content/cars for new Cars, content/track for new tracks and for skins its content/cars/<carname>/skins
Pretty selfexplanatory.
Also these folders never go in documents/assetto... Always in your steamfolder ../Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa

Not sure for the apps tho. Most of the time authors do include readmes though ;)

If apps have their own custom icon they'll usually need to be extracted at the base assettocorsa folder, since AC reads app icons out of a different folder than the actual program. But some will be going into assettocorsa\apps\python\, you can usually tell because instead of containing 'apps' and 'content' folders it'd just contain the app's folder name. Almost all modding is done wih the Windows folder structure which is nice.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%