Mod "illegal" question

So... I'm inquiring about the WTCC Extreme mod. It's pretty much like the GT historic mod that was ripped from GT Legends but yet the WTCC Extreme mod is illegal while the historic isn't.

Is it ONLY because the historic mod has a cd/client check to make sure the user has a legal copy of GT?

So technically it isn't illegal for me to distribute the WTCC Ex mod to other people who own GTR Evolution and rFactor? Just a question.

It MUST conain a CD check for it be legal - you cannot just assume all have the game that say they do.....

This actually answers my question pretty well. So the only reason why the historic GT mod is legal and the WTCC Ex aren't is because of a cd check... However:

What happens if I KNOW the person has the RACE games. I.e. via steam. You can't fake a steam purchase/copy, and these people also have a valid (which the rF devs can check) paycode for rFactor.

Wouldn't this make the mod legal to privately own? (while still making it illegal to distribute to others who dont have this kind of proof?)

you do not need a cd checkerfor GTLegends it is not owned by simbin they made the game for tentacal or how every you spell it. they whent bust and under uk law you are free to use it. But if you do do it then you should at least say that the content was made by simbin.

If you look at the histrox mod that no longer has the cd checker.

Historix modders didnt get a response from the owners of gtlegends regarding the conversion, and just presuming a cd checks make it legal is laughable.

It is indeed.
However Simbin released a statement saying that their work can be converted IF it includes a CD-check AND the content is more than a year old.
No clue where to find that statement as it was in the RSC days.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back