Mod discussions

Mod-edit: mods can be uploaded here and a discussion thread will automagically be created in the correct modding subforum. This main Motorsport Manager forum is to ask general questions about the game.

Unfortunately, a discussion thread is not created. A Support thread is created, but I cananot open threads in that forum to discuss Collab Projects which are incomplete or WIP, or workshop only - so no file exists to be uploaded. Please give us a subforum to discussion mods without the need to upload them, or is discussing mods in general banned on RD?

There is only one General sticky in that forum, and does not differentiate mods in general, so if we moved everyone there there would be far too much overlap (look at the mess that is the F1 2016 WIP thread)

Last edited:
Well this is suppose to be a general forum not a mod forum.

Bram has every right to try and bring the forum back in line, better that than to let it manifest in to a right royal mess. Post a general thread and watch it disappear under an avalache of mod discussions.

The only oversight was not providing a place in the first instance or even now still.

I'm find with every mod related post being moved to a separate sub forum to bring general in line (Though admittedly, general posts here are pretty few and far between, only one post in the last week which didn't originate in a mods news update) - it's kind of what I'm suggesting, but I don't know if that's RDs policy. I'm trying to collaborate with people like Shaun, Chris, and others and dicuss Modding techniques and recruit writers and things. A Support page isn't a place a people generally looks for Modding discussions about new ideas and concepts - when I see support I look at it as 'if I need help, I can post here'

All I'm asking for is clarity on whether or not we Can have a place for mod dicsussions for non-RD-uploaded-mod, or WIP projects, and beta builds not in releasable states. It's fine if it's not, we can move to a forum where those discussions can take place - we only congregated here as RD is generally a place where people will check for mods.

However it's just under 24 hours and there's been no answer from the forum mods, which is interesting because last week there was a banner here which said 'feel free to aks questions' but this thread has been ignored, Bram's sticky is locked and we can't PM Bram either because his account has them disabled. They don't make it particularly easy to ask questions.

Last edited:
Hi!

Sorry for not seeing this before now. Personally I do agree that separate threads would be better for the discussions (just by seeing how many posts and views - over 250k - the 2016mod discussion had).
However, after doing some digging I see that only staff members can create a thread in the mod forum.

@Bram For a better answer I think :)

- Ole M

You can @ them too.

Ok,i will...here are what i will do..is suggest make a "Motorsport Manager Mod Discussion in Sub- Forum" and report this post with a note "please show this post to bram" and hope they will do that and transport all disable mod-thread to in that new forum and open again. cross finger we need that so forum alive again:cry:

Edit..done report my post lol.

Our resource manager supports staged developments so you can upload a work in progress mod and simply update it later on.

With regards to Steam Workshop Only. Why does this need to be workshop only? Can't it be uploaded to two places at the same time?

I am happy to create a wip section but we aren't here to facilitate Steam workshop mods. If stuff is exclusively hosted there (which is fine btw) then why does it need to be discussed here in the general questions area? This can be done on the Steam forums as well? Or upload the mod to RD as well?

I made the edits as the sticky topic i posted weeks ago was continuously ignored. The general section of the forum are for game related questions only. Mods should be discussed inside the modding forums. In which form I'll leave that up to you. We are open to constructive suggestions.

Well, there are few stuff modding that can't upload via like Dll,Track Names,resources.assets and others that not are with on list(Link) cant upload via steam, and we can't upload other link than 100% complete via steam on Steam site, therefor we need RD;)
http://www.motorsportmanager.com/content/making-most-steam-workshop

would like see a WIP Forum whitout need to upload...because we can discuse idea and brainstorm to how modding plus Test few stuff before upload.

here are my little idea...make a WIP Forum..when a WIP "A-Test" is finish and ready to upload a mods..then closed that "A-Test"-thread in WIP forum and now "A-Test" are in mods forum with a DL. a rules is both WIP and Mods must have same name?. easy for staff to control all.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Our resource manager supports staged developments so you can upload a work in progress mod and simply update it later on.

With regards to Steam Workshop Only. Why does this need to be workshop only? Can't it be uploaded to two places at the same time?

I am happy to create a wip section but we aren't here to facilitate Steam workshop mods. If stuff is exclusively hosted there (which is fine btw) then why does it need to be discussed here in the general questions area? This can be done on the Steam forums as well? Or upload the mod to RD as well?

I made the edits as the sticky topic i posted weeks ago was continuously ignored. The general section of the forum are for game related questions only. Mods should be discussed inside the modding forums. In which form I'll leave that up to you. We are open to constructive suggestions.

That's fine. :) all I needed to know is if this was going to be the place we can discuss And devlelop mods freely and collaborate. This appears to not to be the case which is fine, we shall find a new home :)

Brilliant call from the admins, I must say! I mean, who would want to have discussions on a forum, now that would be ridiculous! And both two of the non-modding topics would never fit under the steam forum, obviously... solid.

There are several reasons why i personally prefer to only upload my mods to the Workshop:
- the Mods can be easily switched within the game
- one does not have to mess with game files
- the mods are more or less futureproof and won't stop working after a game update
- last but not least: you can only use the mods if you actually bought the game

What about the Chiaki Hashimoto's pic? Someone oiterally searched sexy japanese girl and added to Hashimotos profile...
There are several reasons why i personally prefer to only upload my mods to the Workshop:
- the Mods can be easily switched within the game
- one does not have to mess with game files
- the mods are more or less futureproof and won't stop working after a game update
- last but not least: you can only use the mods if you actually bought the game

@Falko

Ok, You jump in the thread here and says all postivt about steam/workshop and not any about RD MM Mods plus we can't discuse about mods or wip in here forum, now i am really little confus, Why are you so here in RD MM mods forum when you seems prefer only steam/workshop, and am really very curious with you are here because?

Alright guys, let's not get carried away.

This forum is far better for brainstorming, collaborations, WIP updates and the rest of it. I note that AC has a sub-forum for WIP mods, too.

The reason for me not uploading to RD (yet) was because I wanted dedicated testers who would help me refine what I had, and I know from being a mod user for many years that an easily accessible release also opens up the floodgates for nonsense bug reports and poor feedback. Being able to put up a temporary stumbling block meant only those who were competent would, and could, help me out.

The Workshop does not support the mods many of us have been making, and the forums are of a poor quality when it comes to sharing screenshots and the like. Also, you'll get flooded with, again, the people who just consume mods and blame the author when they did something wrong.

I made a thread here because I knew there was already a dedicated set of users (myself included) who I could get a hold of, and Red's mod thread was already here for further feature discussion and general brainstorming.

Lastly, people don't seem to notice the thread that is made with the mod, and if you have more than one part, everything gets fragmented.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back