Mod car tweaking help

Hi. I’ve been playing around trying to tweak a mod car (so I have access to all the files) to get my version of a perfect race and there’s two things which I wonder if anyone can help with.
1- In a huge crash I can lose my door, the bonnet/hood and rear wing. If I then pit, only the wing gets replaced. So is there a setting or a line I could add or change somewhere to get other missing car parts replaced during a pit stop?
2- I already understand how to get different cars pointed at different gear files but I’m not really sure what I’m doing with the numbers in the gear file itself. What I’d like to do is have 3 different ones for my AI, firstly the default gears, a second version where the acceleration can be slightly slower but the top speed is higher and a third version which accelerates quicker and I don’t mind if that trade off is slower maximum speed. I’m sure I could sort this with trial and error but I know there’s people here with a lot more experience than me who will know what they’re doing. My current “default” gears below.
[GEAR_RATIOS]
ratio=(12, 38)
ratio=(15, 32)
ratio=(18, 31)
ratio=(20, 28)
ratio=(26, 30)
ratio=(28, 27)
[FINAL_DRIVE]
bevel=(1, 1)
ratio=(8, 32)
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help with anything.

in the HDV under PITMENU
Damage=1 // Number of options to fix damage (0=none, 1=bodywork, 2=bodywork+suspension); default=1

But i never played with it. try set this to 2

On Second better play by it byself, every mod is different and every engine file. so nobody can give you the perfect answer on it without testing byself.

For Gearing i play with these Lines in the HDV under DRIVELINE
Gear1Setting=6
Gear2Setting=35
Gear3Setting=52
Gear4Setting=65
Gear5Setting=75
Gear6Setting=84
Gear7Setting=94

Thanks for the reply.
I had another thought after I posted this question and I've now simply changed the engine power instead of messing with the gears. “GeneralPowerMult=0.9” Feels like a hit it with a hammer approach to complex surgery but it is giving me the variation I wanted so that’s all that matters.
As for the damage and body part replacement, I had already tried tweaking that value with no luck so if anyone did have anything more to add to the conversation I’d be most pleased to hear it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%