Mobile phone access

Hi,
Not so much a problem in itself, but i've started using my phone to access the site......and the huuuuuge banner graphic (that one up there ^^^) kills my phone (by the time it's loaded the graphics twice i'm getting a 'memory full message....its an N97 btw, not shabby or horrendously old as such, but when each page is complete there's well over 1mb being downloaded per page...) - when you get to your next upgrade/revamp/freshen-up for the forum, would there be any chance to consider us poor mobile access types with limited memory capacity?

many thanks in advance.....wrighty :)

Well my current experiences with mobile access are much positive, I have Nokia E52 and I am using Opera Mobile, with full graphic load and I cant even reach 100 kb per browsing, so if there will be some Mobile skin it would be nice to add option for "not on mobile" :D

Better now Paul?

Ha! Ironically enough, i'd set my phone to 'text only' yesterday to try and alleviate the problem :D lemme grab it right now and see.......

......i did and it is thank you!!*

*(the science bit......even with the new banner and with the right-hand blog and top donation bar 'widgets' hidden, the page still loads over 900kb of data which doesn't sound much i know but.....well it is really lol. In the end i can only ask so much, given that the main premise of the site is for online racing and therefore it kinda suggests that one should be sitting at a 'proper' pc of some description rather than a phone, but it's 'the little things' that help so much....i'll check my account settings from that login for settings like 'hide avatars' etc and if i can offer any guidance for 'streamlining' the access i'll happily do so. :) )

Oh Willie, do you have to delete your history for the page to reload fully on the Blackberry?

Ha! Ironically enough, i'd set my phone to 'text only' yesterday to try and alleviate the problem :D lemme grab it right now and see.......

......i did and it is thank you!!*

*(the science bit......even with the new banner and with the right-hand blog and top donation bar 'widgets' hidden, the page still loads over 900kb of data which doesn't sound much i know but.....well it is really lol. In the end i can only ask so much, given that the main premise of the site is for online racing and therefore it kinda suggests that one should be sitting at a 'proper' pc of some description rather than a phone, but it's 'the little things' that help so much....i'll check my account settings from that login for settings like 'hide avatars' etc and if i can offer any guidance for 'streamlining' the access i'll happily do so. :) )

Oh Willie, do you have to delete your history for the page to reload fully on the Blackberry?

HMM... Tried that and cleared all of the cache, no luck.

Paul what kind of browser are you using? I just cant understand how can you load per page 900kb, it cost me only 56 in the main, others are even less

its a Nokia N96* m8 (so its a Symbian OS, and apologies that i said N97 earlier in the thread...my mistake, its a 96).....the only reason i know that's how much it's loading is that it has a little readout at the top of the screen telling me lol....the problem is, after several pages it gives me a 'memory full' message so i clear the history and the cache and it's ok, but of course by clearing the cache it then reloads the graphics for all pages the next time i open them so its a vicious circle in that regard.
It's not the end of the world like, hence in the OP i'd said 'next upgrade/update/revamp or whatever', but that's not to say i don't appreciate the modification that Bram made, because i do muchly of course :)

*(i'm hoping to get an upgrade sorted in the next couple of weeks so i might try the uber-browsing power of the N900 lol)

Paul I have symbian OS too, maybe it is just different from the phone to phone (E52 for me), but I though that browsing is the same in each phone with this type of OS, maybe trying of another browser for you mobile will help you (not that default, it is crappy :) ), I am not able to make that much kb per page with full load as you do (and I am downloading everything except flash features, maybe thats it?)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back