Mobil 1 – ‘240 cm challenge’ with Jenson Button

impressive, but i highly doubt it is real.
far, far too dangerous to drive between concrete blocks at pace like that -- a puncture or any minor problem and he'd be killed.
self-declared "dramatisation" also leads me to believe it is fake.
speculation -- he drove through slowly and they sped the video up.

impressive, but i highly doubt it is real.
far, far too dangerous to drive between concrete blocks at pace like that -- a puncture or any minor problem and he'd be killed.
self-declared "dramatisation" also leads me to believe it is fake.
speculation -- he drove through slowly and they sped the video up.
I thought about that. I actually think that the blocks were not concrete.

That seems obscenely dangerous, I would find it hard to believe they actually sent a multimillion pound car with a driver worth more millions at real concrete barriers.

Having said that they wouldn't need to go anywhere near full pelt which would give them pretty big margins for error, I have no doubt that Jensen could pull it off easily, its just in today's namby pamby, insurance choked world I don't see it happening. They could achieve the same results just having lines on the road and putting the concrete in at post production.

Still, impressive how accurate F1 cars and drivers are.

That seems obscenely dangerous, I would find it hard to believe they actually sent a multimillion pound car with a driver worth more millions at real concrete barriers.

Having said that they wouldn't need to go anywhere near full pelt which would give them pretty big margins for error, I have no doubt that Jensen could pull it off easily, its just in today's namby pamby, insurance choked world I don't see it happening. They could achieve the same results just having lines on the road and putting the concrete in at post production.

Still, impressive how accurate F1 cars and drivers are.
50 kph + fast forward :D The car really seems a bit too stable over those kerbs to me. Usually you see slight up-down bouncing

This is indeed most likely a fake. I have no doubt Jenson could do it but i dont believe they would let him. You see this kind of fake promotion stunts and clips in other sports aswell like football for instance.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.0%