The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer-mon.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Mixed - Mini Cooper vs Alfa GTA vs Lotus Elite
Track: Monaco 1979 - RD Download
Event Type: Multicar - 3 x sprint races
Conditions: Evening - 17.00 race time
Practice: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Europe - (10 min)
Qualification: 19.10 GMT / 20.10 UK / 21.10 Europe - (10 min)
Race: 19.20 GMT / 20.20 UK / 21.20 Europe - (12 laps) - The above session timetable will be used for all 3 sprint races.

Note 1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: You must drive all 3 cars during the night, but the order you choose is up to you.
Note 3: You do not have to declare the order you intend to drive ahead of the event
Note 4: Default skins only

I'll need more than a couple of hours to get ahead of you blokes Warren! Something along the lines of a week maybe!

I put together a few laps in the Elite last night. It's actually quite easy to drive around monaco, despite the tight turns.... I suppose the lack of outright HP does this... Although i found it quite "squirrely" under hard braking!

Reckon the most important corner here is turn 1... If you can carry your momentum through it, then that hill isn't so damn long! If you dont, you can write a letter to your local MP before you get to the top!

Didn't quite reach the boat hey Glenn, try harder next time. :)

I had a quick go with each car, this could be interesting. When I nail a good lap (for me that is) I get a spread of nearly 4 secs between cars, but I can easily get a spread of 2.5 secs with each car depending on how well I nail it.

Yeh almost got it. I reckon one of those 1310 mini's would get it!!
The mini is fun to drive around here, providing you can get used to driving it round the tight corners. Kinda reminds me of the old version of the Italian Job too - running through narrow streets at speed. :fwd:

Ok chaps, I'll begin my journey home in a little while - as always, anyone who wants to drive some of the sweetest handling cars around one of the most famous tracks in the world is more than welcome to drop in and "give it some", I believe is the local parlance.

No need to sign up, and even if you can only make one or 2 races later on, you are still welcome.

You will still have to change your cars if you drive more than one race.

Finally a car I can drive:) Qualify well for me in 6th. Disco at the top of the hill :at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end::sad:

Waiting for Race 3

1st race: Drove the Alfa. It was the best car here. Most power, best handling. Got pole, but ruined my start. Then made a lot of mistakes, sorry guys, it might slow down some people. At the end I managed to get some good laps including the fastest lap of the race (1:54.0) and crossed the line 3rd.
2nd race: Lotus. Awfully weak compared to the other cars, it had no chance. I finished 5th.
3rd race: Mini, a little slower than the Alfa and a little worse handling too. But it's still pretty fast. The race was nice, managed to get 3rd.

Thank you for the races!

Ah Race 3 : Mini. Managed to finish the race in 8th? had a nice little airbourne moment of the chichane after the tunnel and landed in a no mans land. :) Came out behind Nigel and Stuart and had a nice tussle with them, even though I had to hold the wheel at a slightly odd angle. A good evening only marred by my disco in race 2, that alfa was sweet, shame I only got to the top of the hill.

Thanks Stu and fellow Gentlemen GTL racers :) :good:

• Matt Crouch

:heh: but seriously
Decided to go with the Mini for the first race, keep it simple with no practice beforehand.
Qualified 6th and settled into 3rd after a few laps, but Peter was making up ground fast and inevitably caught me. Held on in front and behind for a lap or two but ended up 4th :)

Lotus - quali'd near the back, got a terrible start when I forced myself into the inside barrier at T1. Caught up for the next lap and unfortunately when Richard spun I was in a mini slide myself and ended up in the back - sorry :nod:. After he pitted for fuel I spent the race on my own... 7th I think

Alfa - Qualid 4th and came out of T1 in p2, into p3 when Amir overtook. Spent a couple of laps behind Amir and a brief stint behind Peter when I finally ended up in 2nd :)

Good races. Thanks for the event :)

Like Glenn, I should have stayed in bed, i just couldn't get into it this morning.
The track looked really nice, but it seemed to take a toll on my PC (or internet??), especially when the races were under way. All of the races gave me laggy performance, but strangely it wasn't too bad for qualy.
Got the Elite out the way for the first race, since I knew it would be uncompetitive, but fun to drive. Unfortunately, got spun early, made too many mistakes, badly damaged the car and tyres, and just decided to cruise it home for the last half of the race. It was no fun just holding up the faster cars.
Race 2 went ok, the Alfa was the superior car here. Managed a good lap for pole, missed the start to let Stu past, made a small mistake early, but then started catching Stu again. Unfortunately, any chance of a close finish ended when I came upon a spun Elite in a blind turn, hit him and damaged the Alfa. Eventually finished 2nd after some nice racing with a Mini ( Nigel I think).
Race 3 was a disaster. I suspected I could be competitive in the Mini after a good qualy lap gaining P2. It all went astray at the first turn. As expected the Alfa's were all over the Mini off the line, and as we approached the first turn, I had a big lag moment, and saw that Richard was in front and spinning. I assumed I hit him, so stopped and waited, but very sorry Richard. Now last, I made another mess by hitting Nigel when he seemed to suddenly stop in front of me (maybe another lag spike ?? ). Sorry Nigel. Later in the race I had contact with Stu and then next turn I understeered badly into a wall and bounced into the path of Stu again. Yet another apology to Stu, sorry mate. Three hits in one race, more than I average in a year, so I gave up and spent the rest of the race following Nigel and having some fun watching him bounce the poor Elite of the walls.

Thanks guys, but I'm feeling a little down right now. I still can't believe I could cause so many accidents. :wilt:

hey guys let's not take things too seriously.it's only a game you know.even in real racing stupid things cans happen.
last night i was so afraid of accidently hitting someone and because of that i lost all the fun of racing. i suffred from a lag too and during the 1st race ,although i kept my distance way away from warren who was infront of me, i suddunly saw his car getting too close and unfortunetly hit him. i felt stupid becaue i really tried to avoid hitting anyone and in the end i hit warren because of that lag issue. from that point on i lost all intrest of that race and all i thougt about was oh no i hit warren again although it was not delibrate of course. from that moment on and the races that followed ali i thought of was not the racing but how to avoid accidently hitting someone. that ment that instead of real racing and passing attempts i thought of was how to survive the race without hitting anyone and making a fool of myselt. it made me lose intrest and spinnig at least two times while trying to avoid passing and maybe hitting a slower driver. .
my point is that sometimes things can happen . instead of taking it too seriously let's just try to have fun in these races. :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%