Mix the grid

Hi,
I figured out how to mix the grid by myself and I feel stupid for asking now :)

Another thing is, that the exterior sounds for almost all my mod cars are gone. I searched the forum, but could not find a satisfying answer. Is there really nothing I can do, but delete all the broken mods and hope for them to be reuploaded correctly? That would be really sad.

I'm Aware, that there is a thread called "No engine sound after 1.9 patch", but it deals with issues with the original Kunos sounds.

Thank you for your help.:)

Last edited:
Hi. Kunos sounds are working, the OP of that thread you mentioned lost sound on Kunos cars with modded sounds (e.g. from Fonsecker). Mod sounds are broken though because the software behind the sound (FMOD) has been updated to a new version and all mods have to be updated. I lost around 90 cars personally, but I'm hopeful most will get updated.

If you don't mind using Kunos sounds on some of your modded cars you could use Content Manager to replace a mod's sound with an other car's sound. I do mind mostly so I am waiting.

How did you mix the grid?
Regards
I don't know what he meant by it, but if you choose random opponents and choose the cars you want to race, the starting grid will consist of a random number of car i, car j,..., but the grid will be mixed. If you choose the option to select cars and the number of those cars (3rd option), the starting grid will be every i car followed by every j car,... type after type.

(slight thread necro, sorry but this seemed appropriate)

Is there any way to specify how many cars of each type are on the grid and have them in a random order on the starting grid?

The "Random grid" option randomizes where the cars start but doesn't let you choose how many of each car there are, while the "Custom grid" option lets you choose how many of each car there are but doesn't let you randomize their starting positions (as far as I can tell)

(slight thread necro, sorry but this seemed appropriate)

Is there any way to specify how many cars of each type are on the grid and have them in a random order on the starting grid?

The "Random grid" option randomizes where the cars start but doesn't let you choose how many of each car there are, while the "Custom grid" option lets you choose how many of each car there are but doesn't let you randomize their starting positions (as far as I can tell)
For that you have to use Content Manager, where you can set up the grid as you want, with the specific cars, skins, specific AI strengths, ballast, everything you can think of.

For that you have to use Content Manager, where you can set up the grid as you want, with the specific cars, skins, specific AI strengths, ballast, everything you can think of.

It would be nice if once you'd set up your custom grid with all your AI strengths, specific skins etc, you could press a button and have it randomise the start order of all the cars you have specified. Unless I've missed something?

It would be nice if once you'd set up your custom grid with all your AI strengths, specific skins etc, you could press a button and have it randomise the start order of all the cars you have specified. Unless I've missed something?
I am not at home so I can't post a screenshot, but when you have the AI cars listed on the right side of the UI you can simply grab one with the mouse and put it elsewhere (higher or lower). When I have a grid set up as you described I just play around with it randomly arranging the cars till I get a nicely mixed grid.

I am not at home so I can't post a screenshot, but when you have the AI cars listed on the right side of the UI you can simply grab one with the mouse and put it elsewhere (higher or lower). When I have a grid set up as you described I just play around with it randomly arranging the cars till I get a nicely mixed grid.

Yes, but I find I'm quite boring when I do that, as I just end up with for example, Car A, Car B, Car C, Car A, Car B, Car C, etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%