Hey guys I need some help. Somehow I've lost the weather slider in the menu and now I can't control the clouds or fog. I've searched and searched but to no avail. I've used steam to verify the integrity of my files, that turned out ok. I'm usually pretty good at fixing my own issues, but this one has me stumped. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Missing weather slider.JPG

Thank you St3fan, it works through CM
Glad to hear you can choose weather now.
If that's the case (weather in CM works but slider for weather missing in official launcher), I think it means there is not much wrong with the weathers themselves. I'm guessing you have a glitch in the official launcher. You might want to move the folder "steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default" to a different location and do a Steam integrity check to re-install the official launcher, or take a look at "steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\index.html", see if there is anything wrong with the weather slider section. Mine is:
<div class="weather widget persist hidden inactive">
<div class="slidervalue" data-bind="launcher?SAVED/WEATHER">0</div>
<div id="weather" class="slider" data-filter="weather"></div>
<div class="label">
<l18n t="Weather" />
</div>
</div>

Glad to hear you can choose weather now.
If that's the case (weather in CM works but slider for weather missing in official launcher), I think it means there is not much wrong with the weathers themselves. I'm guessing you have a glitch in the official launcher. You might want to move the folder "steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default" to a different location and do a Steam integrity check to re-install the official launcher, or take a look at "steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\index.html", see if there is anything wrong with the weather slider section. Mine is:
That's another great idea I had no clue I could do. I will give that a try as well. I use Ge Force Experience to launch because I'm using an old (I'm embarrassed to say) GTX-470 to run this game so I need help getting the max frames I can for accuracy while still having pretty awesome detail. Have a great night and I appreciate the help.

Well crap. St3fan I checked my index.html file (thanks for posting) against yours and they match. I then moved my default launcher file and did the integrity check and sure enough it saw everything was missing, then it downloaded the files and.............no change.
Now Content Manager says it's missing a hook.dll file, which is different depending on the video card we use, and won't launch into the game. I can change the weather still but have to get out of AC, launch CM change the weather and then let it balk at me, close it and relaunch AC my normal way. The weather I chose in CM shows up, but...........c'mon man.
Anyway, you may ask, why does this "Nut" change his weather so much. Well, I give you Shuto C1 night version as an example. It's a blast to run, but if I want to run Spa next....here we go.
Anyway thanks again for your suggestions and help. If I ever get it solved I will post it. Till then, be very careful with your files. I'm sure you are. I thought I was too.
Only 48 days 8hrs 25 min 7 secs till Australian GP http://www.f1countdown.com/

Well crap. St3fan I checked my index.html file (thanks for posting) against yours and they match. I then moved my default launcher file and did the integrity check and sure enough it saw everything was missing, then it downloaded the files and.............no change.
Now Content Manager says it's missing a hook.dll file, which is different depending on the video card we use, and won't launch into the game. I can change the weather still but have to get out of AC, launch CM change the weather and then let it balk at me, close it and relaunch AC my normal way. The weather I chose in CM shows up, but...........c'mon man.
Anyway, you may ask, why does this "Nut" change his weather so much. Well, I give you Shuto C1 night version as an example. It's a blast to run, but if I want to run Spa next....here we go.
Anyway thanks again for your suggestions and help. If I ever get it solved I will post it. Till then, be very careful with your files. I'm sure you are. I thought I was too.
Only 48 days 8hrs 25 min 7 secs till Australian GP http://www.f1countdown.com/
That is indeed very weird...

Hello there,

i had the same problem after installing a weather mod. Tried everything mentioned above, nothing worked. I don't know why it works now and if its reproducible:
- i just delete everything inside X\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\weather\
- started assetto corsa launcher
- where should have been the weather slider it just said: na (nothing available)
- copied the original weather files into the folder mentioned above
- everything fine!

hope this may help someone missing the weather option in ac launcher.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%