1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XB1 Missing German GP: 20:00 GMT (9pm BST) - 10/04/15 - Prac/Short Qualy/50% Race (No Assts)

Discussion in 'F1 2015 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rob, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Rob

XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Missing German Grand Prix @ Hockenheim
    F1 2015 by Codemasters

9pm BST
    This race is part of an ongoing series of races that will follow the 2015 and 2016 seasons, with a summer break to run some 2014 races on the F1 2015 platform. Although these are "club" races so as to be informal and less stringent on attendance, separate Championships will be scored for the remainder of the 2015 season, the 2014 interlude, and the bulk of the 2016 season start. Individual drivers only. Our aim is to re-live online the race we just watched, play the game in the most hardcore manner possible, and have fun. There will be bugs and glitches for sure, but things will get better with time hopefully.

Invite Time: 8:45p BST/GMT

Start Time: 9p BST
    Host's Name: OctoberDusk06
    Weather Setting: Actual Race (conditions that were present for the most laps of the actual race)
    Track Selection: With F1 Calendar
    Car Selection: 2014

Premium Members Only: No
    Participation: Short Qualifying / 50% Race
    Car Assignment: First Come, First Served

Rules and Flags: Realistic
    Car Damage: Realistic
    Traction Control: Off
    Brake Assist: Off
    Driving Line: Off
    ABS: Off
    Driver View: Cockpit Only

Signing Up To This Race

Reply with the following details -- Name / Gamertag / Car Preference

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ferrari #7
    2. Eric Cline / mcnasty0421 / Ferrari #5
    Replays are encouraged and penalties will be largely game driven, but the Forum Code of Racing Conduct does apply.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. mcnasty1

Eric cline mcnasty0421 Ferrari
    going at 5 est?
  3. Rob

That sounds good to me. See you there....
  4. mcnasty1

Omw robert had to pick up dinner..be back in 10min
  5. How did the race pan out guys? Thanks for the invite but I did get on earlier to see if anyone was around for a run out having heard it mentioned after the Oulton GT4 race. But when the place was empty I got on and ran my race at Suzuka instead (great fun) so was ready to chill with the Mrs wathcing a film before hitting the sack but when I went to switch off the Xbox and saw you guys were still in practice I thought I would join instead. The game allowed me into the lobby and eventually I was able to spectate but there was no free car to select so it wouldn't allow me to join in the quali. Thanks for restarting to get me in though... I didn't realise you were running real performace until too late though so my choice of the Lotus was not great lol. Still enjoyed it though and was happy enough to quali halfway just behind Erics Ferrari. Race start was good and was running up in P7 before the halfway point of the first lap but then spotted you had dropped out Robert. I carried on for a while but then with the multiple invites assumed something was amiss so dropped out. Unfortunately it was just going to be too late over here to consider starting over again.

I watched the start of your feed Rob and you had a tough time of it in those first few laps... good job the boys had packed plenty of spare wings ;)

Anyway, maybe next time.. tag me in the post though as I didn't know this had been posted until this morning.
  6. mcnasty1

Yea it was fun I was holding down third until the last lap when I was spun around coming out of the hairpin by bottas..finished 5th on vettels tailpipe. Def like to get more involved in thos game..besides having to quaily on a full tank adding three sec. Its turning into a playable online game next sunday will be russia if u want to get sum prac in.hope to see all four of us there.lol
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rob

Nice run Eric, especially wit the short notice. Third against expert A.I. is a very consistent pace, along with the obvious speed.

I agree too Eric. It's able to handle a few players on line, but I didn't think it would be that stable. I seemed to have more ghosting issues than before, so I don't think it's the host, but they didn't seem tht bad to me. What was bad was my driving since I had not learned the track very well, but the game seems at least workable on line in low numbers. I'm up for weekly club games until more show up.
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Rob

9. I am really having a lot of fun with this years game.. offline at least. My Real Grand Prix Weekend Replay Mini Championship is proving to be so much fun :)

It looked like Sunday was going to be a pretty decent one for me even in the 2014 Lotus and I had none of the issues from the previous one we tried at Japan so looking much more promising :thumbsup: I would have loved to re-join with the pair of you but it was just going to end too late for me with an early start yesterday. I too noticed you had a few ghosting issues Robert, as host I didn't think you would but clearly it's still something that can happen. If they hapen now and then it's more manageable but every lap is just no fun at all, especially at the faster corners where accuracy of line is so important. Trying to judge that through a semi transparent car is off putting lol
  10. mcnasty1

Thinking we could do equal cars as so everyone can pick w hatever and not get punished for doing so..then add a.I at expert that should bunch up the feild without them leaving us if set on legend..if possible mix up the ai settings based on cars.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sounds like a good idea.

Expert AI is providing me with some good racing so far. Three races in and I have 2 second places and one victory but I am having to work hard for them each time :thumbsup:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mcnasty1

Of course we have to set A.l to legend for a few cars to give boothy a challenge
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rob

Seems to me that realistic is giving us what we want...close battles. I have even beaten the Mercs at some races on expert. But mostly I don't. Sometimes I fall behind all of them. Setting it on equal and changing the difficulty of the A.I. is really just the same thing as realistic.BUt I like the idea of mixing up the cars on realistic. Like put the Mercs at Pro and the bulk at Expert, and the Marussia at Legend.

As far as car choice goes, the Williams is strong. So is the Ferrari. I have not seen any other choice made. If someone wants to run a third tier car, then equal might be needed.
  14. I ran the Lotus on Sunday in the 2014 version race and it's pace was very much off lol. Think I qualified about 11th just behind Eric while my TM placed around 18th. The 2014 Lotus with Renault engine was not good. I'm happy enough to race realistic I'll just be more careful in my choice of car.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rob

The operative word is "fun" and if you guys think we'd all be better off with equal, I'd be fine with it. I just thought that "equal" was really for private lobby racers with no A.I. and who need to all ensure equality. For instance, I'd take the Marussia next race (since your A.I. races whether you do or not) and be delighted with anything above 18. Peter, I know you like the Ferrari, so it's your if you want it. All I care about are the mirrors and wheel. The Williams is great too, so I could trade if you want.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I am fine with whatever is decided. I cool not being in the Ferrari Robert as I run that in my offline championship so am happy to race other cars whenever I get on with you guys. I like the Lotus but may opt for something different each race.

So if you drop out of the race the AI still carries on for you? How did my guy in the Williams do at Japan?