1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

mirrors are wrong

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by hughesyboozy, Oct 24, 2011.

1. i don't know if its like this for anyone else but the mirrors are on the wrong side, all i can see out of the left one is the barriers and i can't behind at all, is there anyway to fix this?

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

Shift Key plus move seat buttons adjusts them.

3. wow that was quick thanks but i tried that already, its the side mirrors that are wrong, they don't look back, they look to the sides of the tracks

4. I have the same problem. That just moves them up and down or in and out. Anyway we can turn them in more?

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

I generally use the virtual mirrors instead tbh. But yeah they're not amazing, but I think that's the kind of limited viewing the real cars have.

6. i don't think it is as in cars you can at least see behind where as in the game all you can see is to the side ie walls or grass but the centre mirror is fine. its like the mirrors are mirroring to the side instead of the rear

7. Invested many hours trying to solve this "mirror problem" until finally I gave up. There's no way to adjust the side mirrors correctly using the game controls. Unless there is some tweak that can be done editing some .ini file or something, I guess the limitation lies on the ISI's engine.
    Take for instance the SHIFT series, the mirrors are spot on, either side or central ones, no matter the FOV. It would be really nice if we could adjust the angles of the side mirrors regarding our FOV and seat position. Amazing that so few sims have this feature to date (none that I know, to be honest).

I don't like racing with virtual mirrors (takes away the immersion, specially in formulas), so I rely only in central mirror during race and the left mirror when passing a car (if passing on left, I depend on trackir only, but usually I avoid passing on left unless I'm racing with friends that I know will respect the lead on the next curve).

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Unless you have a 3 screen setup to help with peripheral vision i have no qualms with virtual mirrors at all.