1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured MiniDrivers: a free-to-play F1-themed kart racer

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Alex Franchini, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Take a look at the launch trailer for MiniDrivers, a free-to-play smartphone racer based on the MiniDrivers cartoon series. Need something to do instead of working or studying? Here's an answer.

MiniDrivers is a parody web series born in 2008 which quickly sums up Formula 1 races in a whimsical, silly style with big heads and high-pitched voices. Their style of humor might not be to everybody's taste, but now the web series has entered the realm of racing games.

Judging from the trailer, it looks like a kart racer in the vein of Mario Kart, F1 Race Stars and ModNation Racers, in which you can select and upgrade cars based on the 2015 F1 season.
    The tracks themselves are smaller, simpler renditions of the actual circuits too, and it doesn't look too bad.

It's a free-to-play title for smartphone devices (iOS, Android and Windows Phone), though it looks like it contains microtransactions. No idea on how balanced or greedy it might be, at least for now.

TnfuJqvHAL-14wKAphCelahKZBhg38w-HxoqPQb7A8AxLf83wYKkOUb8eHk62NKQ2e3m=h900.jpg

Have you tried it? Did it scratch your parody F1 itch? Let us know in the comments!

• Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 3
  2. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

Kimi's little bobble head makes me laugh... as unenthusiastic looking in a cartoon game as he comes across in real-life! :roflmao: He also appears slightly unimpressed - I think somebody needs an ice cream!

Meanwhile everybody else looks really excitable and eager to go, though it would have been funny to see the exchange of sideways glances between Lewis and Nico! :sneaky::cautious:

3. I can't seem to find it on the Windows Phone store...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. airutonpurosuto8912

airutonpurosuto8912
    needforspeedgamer

I've tried that, looks good, on my iPad

5. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

What I like about this game is that it's still a better love story than Twilight.

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

7. Not an amazing game. Whilst fun you have to pay an awful lot to progress, it is quite greedy.

8. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

I played it a bit, you can get your cars without paying a dime and without too much time spent in it, as long as you keep winning!

9. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

i wish i had :D

• Like Like x 1