1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini @ Vara Sunday September 28th 2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

USA time zone event

[​IMG]

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
    The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the Mini cars and will use the Vara track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
    Game: Race 07
    Date: Sunday September 28th 2008
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
    Car: Mini
    Skins: Custom skins allowed.
    Circuit: Vara

Password: click here

Event schedule (GMT time)
    Practice: 1:00 GMT, 30 mins (9:00 pm Eastern daytime)
    Qualifying: 1:30 GMT, 30 mins (9:30 pm Eastern daytime)
    Race: 2:00 GMT, (10:00 pm Eastern daytime)
    Laps: 2 by 12 laps

Server settings
    Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
    Weather: Dry
    Failures: Normal
    Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
    Name in game:
    Your Country:
    Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. Timothy Miller
    2. Yves Larose
    3. William Yunck
    4. Marcel vd Aa

Reserve

1. Gaynall Hudgins

2. Name on RD forum: Timothy Miller
    Name in game: Timothy Miller

Your Country: USA
    Special remarks: looking forward to this event...

3. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Name on RD forum: Yves Larose
    Name in game: Yves larose
    Your Country: Canada
    Special remarks: woohooooooooo mini's

4. Name on RD forum: Gaynall Hudgins
    Name in game: Gaynall Hudgins
    Your Country: :usa:
    Special remarks: Put me on reserve, please. Not sure if I can make it.

5. Name on RD forum: William Yunck
    Name in game: William Yunck
    Your Country: USA
    Special remarks: This is going to be fun:)

I had time this afternoon for about 8 laps - managed a 202.688 and hit the wall in third to last turn. Must remember to be careful at Vara.

Here is my TimeAttack:

Attached Files:

6. William, is that in time attack? I just got done running on the server and my best is a 2:07.xxx. Also, I noticed the track is very dark (like a re-paving job) in places where the overhead lights are. Is this normal? or is it just me... This track is tough. very tricky, and where are all the people that wanted a Sunday event?

7. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Name on RD forum: Marcel vd Aa
    Name in game: Marcel vd Aa
    Your Country: The Netherlands
    Special remarks: Will step aside if needed
    This should be a nice race....:D

8. Yes that is time attack, I don't have those dark spots I don't think, and were are all the people I don't know - but I think I convinced Steve Emmons to show up. :)
    see you tonight.

Oh - here is a tip - down load Attila's Macau setup and change the gearing, the rest of it works great on Vara. :)

9. thanks for the heads up. I was trying Valencia as it is close to the same track...

10. It sounds like fun (never driven the Mini or been on this track), but I will need to pass. Hopefully I can make the next one. I had all this free time earlier in the year and no racing, now there's plenty of racing but no free time. Have fun everyone! Thanks to Yves for setting it up.

11. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Well, let me put it this way:

The mini rocks @ Vara raceway.

Qualifying was cool despite of the fact there were only 4 of us.
    But we managed to qualify within 1.5 seconds difference i believe.
    Got my first pole in my online racing career.

Race 1 didn't go too well, got a good start from the line and managed to keep the lead until the last series of corners where i lost grip during braking and slammes into the wall; Front bumper gone, suspension busted and a puncture. So into the pits it was and lost over a minute on the lead.
    Did finish it though.

Race 2 was a lot better, started from pole and maintained the lead till the finish.

All by all it was some great racing, too bad there were only 4 of us.
    Maybe better next time.

Thanks to yves for setting it up...
    See you on the next race.

12. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i manage to qualified 3 out of 4 with only 1 hour of practice lol

race 1 : had a normal start but i don't know what happen in the fast first corner William lost the rear end so then i was second. i was pushing hard but i wasn't able to make ground on Marcel who was the leader. but mother chance was on my side a few corner before the end of first lap Marcel went into the wall letting me the first place and from there i won the race.

race 2 : normal start again from the back of the field, on the first lap me, William and Tim had a good fight for second place. at one time we were 3 wide. i finally past William on a nice move and a few corners later Tim touched the wall and i was able to past him under acceleration, from there i manage to build a little gap at William but couldn't caught Marcel, finished second.

overall i finished first which is my best result so far :becky::amen:

13. Well,

Race one managed to qualify last, but we were within 1.5 seconds of each other. I had started with a 2:07 and managed a 2:03 just towards the end of qualify. First race I finished 3rd, First podium finish for me, but Yves and William were just a little bit quicker each lap to take a further lead on me, I couldn't keep up, and my tires were shot by lap 8.

Race 2, I thought I was going to have a nice fight with Yves and William. Down that back straight was nice, Yves that was a great pass, But when you started braking earlier than I had anticipated, I almost rear ended you, but I managed to swing it wide which brought me straight to Mr. Wall. Oh, Hello There, Race over, Damage Not Repairable. I wish I could've finished that lap, but Oh, well, that's racing. Was fun, but wished that more showed up since I noticed that a lot more USA drivers are in the forums now. Can't wait for the next event.

Good driving Guys!

14. What a blast the mini's are.

Qualy went well, I though I had pole with a 202.1, and with about 30 secs left Marcel turned in a blistering 201.9. 2nd at start.

Race 1, kept my position at the start, but in the first high speed left hander, shifted to fourth instead of sixth. Lol - resulting in a wall hit, suspension damage and in 4th place after that. later that lap Marcel hit the wall, causing a slight pile up for Tim and I, but I came out in 2nd about 10 sec. back from Yves. At about 8 -9 laps into it I had the gap to 8 secs. but couldn't hold it and ended 11 sec. back in 2nd.

Race 2, not a great start, and then suprising early pressure from Yves sort of woke me up a bit. I will post a pick of our three mini wide turn, and notice no hitting:). Unfortunate for Tim to hit the wall 1st lap, but he really showed great improvement in a short time. I couldn't quite keep Yves's pace and fell to about 5 secs. behind him in the end in 3rd. Not many guys but it was a fun event. See you next time and here is the pic.

Attached Files:

15. I did everything I could to keep from hitting anyone that time. Thanks for the kind words!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.