1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MINI @ Mallala - 4th January 2009

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Warren Dawes, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I found a local SA track for Wally.

Please note: Since this is run during the Christmas break, we'll make it a non points event, and open it up to Trial members also.

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.com AU
    Password: click here:

Class: MINI
    Track: Mallala
    Track Download: Download here

Practice: 9:00 GMT, 30 mins (8.00PM Aust Eastern DST)
    Qualifying: 9:30 GMT, 30 mins (8.30PM AEST)
    Race: 10:00 GMT, (9.00PM ADST)
    Laps: 2 by 16 laps

Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
    Weather: Dry
    Failures: Normal
    Start: Standing ​

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

1. Steve Perryman
    2. Richard Hamstead
    3. Wally Masterson
    4. Michael Stead
    5. Anthony Pahl
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Gaëtan Legastelois
    21. Sebastien Levret
    22. Yves Larose
    23. David Lemon
    24. Mark Guy
    25. Luc Mangas

1. Dietmar Auferkorte
    2. Michael Herrmann
    3. Driver
    4. Driver
    5. Driver
  2. Name in game: Steve Perryman
    Your Country: Australia
    Control: Logitech G25
    Mini Obviously
    Special remarks: Finally got Gtr-Evo (update), $17.99 US (Steam) till 2nd January
  3. Name in game: Richard Hamstead
    Special remarks:
  4. Name in game: Luc Mangas
    Your Country: France
    Special remarks:
    Happy Christmas !
  5. Gaz

Xbox: CrazyGaz76 Premium Member

6. Name in Game: Mark Guy
    Control: Logitech Momo
    Car: Mini, will confirm skin later.
    Special remarks: Thank you :)
  7. Name in game: David Lemon
    Your Country: N,Ireland
    Control: G25
    car: Turbo mini
    Special remarks: More mini fun :D Will stepaside
  8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Name in game: Yves Larose
    Your Country: Canada
    Control: an old logitech
    car: please put me with the Cooper s
    Special remarks: Will step aside for our aussie friends, i'll be using my skin that is in the ultimate mini friday pack

Ultimate Mini Skinpack (only link your skin if it doesn't appear in this pack)
  9. Name in game: Wally Masterson
    Your Country: AUS
    Control: Usually
    car: Mini
    Special remarks: Thanks for the local touch Warren! I don't know the first thing about Mallala...
  10. Michael Stead

Michael Stead
    Premium Member

Name in game: Michael Stead
    Control: G25
    car: Mini
    Special remarks:
  11. Name in game: Anthony Pahl
    Special remarks: Not absolutely sure I can make it
  12. Dietmar

Premium Member

Name in game: Dietmar Auferkorte
    Your Country: Germany
    Special remarks:
    Please put me on reserve, I am not sure whether I make it home on time (earlist a couple of minutes before the race).
  13. Gaz

Xbox: CrazyGaz76 Premium Member

Can you remove me please, as I have family coming round, just found out. Was looking forward to it aswell
  14. Name in game: Sebastien Levret
    Your Country: France
    Control: Logitech Momo
    Special remarks:
  15. sign me up plz but as reserve as i dont now yet if i wake up in time
  16. Race 1 :
    Quali 6
    Finish 4

A nice race (instead of the fact that my suspension was broken in the first lap), a good fight with Dave Stephenson.

Race 2 :
    Finish 12

Some mistake, making myself going out of the track too offen...
    Sorry Michael Hermann, for the touch at the lap 13.
  17. That was certainly a fun couple of races, Mallala is a very nice track in my opinion.
    I found throwing the mini into some of the corners was a good way to improve upon lap times, but that only worked for the 2nd gear and faster corners.

If there is a way to have side mirrors, like Rfactor, then please let me know, as it is really hard to know where the car exactly is when right beside me, especially in
    those tight corners at Mallala. If no option, then so be it.

Race 1 started 9th of 13, and thanks to those that ran out of fuel, came 5th.

Race 2 started 4th, and because my comp crashed after the race, I lost the replay.
    Michael was closing in on me, and eventually He tapped me in one of the tight corners, but redressed, I was a bit slow in passing because of not being sure whose fault it was, no problems anyway, all part of the fun.
    Later he got me, which also let about 2 others through, 2 of whom had an incident in T1 shortly after, giving me 6th back.
    Near the end had a go at passing Luc Mangos, but tapped him, redressed, no place lost so 6th it was.
    If anyone could post the 2nd race somewhere for download it would be much appreciated.

A good start to the new year, looking forward to the next 51 weeks.
  18. first race :
    Quali : 4
    finish : 2

Good race, great battle with my team mate Luc.
    After a moment make an error and down a the 4th, but with the fuel problem finish 2nd, damned fuel.

race 2:
    start 7
    finish 2

Good start again but little hurt at 2nd turn, go out, lose time and restart. David was really fast i can overtake my other team mate (Sebastien) but i stay in 2nd place to the finish .

Total finish first with 16 points, but it's a pity to the fuel mistake at the first race.
  19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I again was lucky to be able to join late, but I enjoyed this one. I also liked the track, except for the blind pitlane re-entry which is rather dangerous, but realistic to the actual track. Unfortunately, I had forgotton how to drive the MINI and had no practice, so I couldn't find any pace. So decided the safest thing for me was to start at the back (where I deserved to be) and try to stay out of trouble.
    Race 1. Off the line, I immediately dropped to last, but after the usual off tracks up front, I was up to P7. However, I missed the hairpin braking myself, and dropped another 3 places. I then had some fun racing with Steve and Mark. Mark and I kept swapping places by taking turns at running off the end of the hairpin LOL. During this, Wally was slowly gaining both of us. To my amazement, I finished P6 after, I assume, people were running out of fuel.
    Thanks to Michael H for giving me his setup, which included more than enough fuel. :handshake:

Race 2. Starting from P3, I thought I had better concentrate some more. I managed to run with the leaders for many laps, but kept getting passed under brakes at the rotten hairpin. I think I was too careful after driving the GT cars. I got a bit of a hip and shoulder from Michael S as he passed at the hairpin (no probs Michael, you bounced sideways off the curb), which damaged my suspension, but it didn't seem too serious. Finished P4.

Thanks to all who raced, it was certainly different from our recent GT outings, the MINI's are certainly fun cars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.