1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini @ Magny-Cours National, Friday 31st May 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, May 17, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track:Magny-Cours National
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Vaughn Stegeman
    3. Pete Bone
    4. Mark O'Connor
    5. Daniel Linder
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#10Server is UP!

2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

ooooh! the bump of death! I have a chance to redeem myself? lol

#suicidechicane

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Who's up to check their odds of surviving 70+ rides over the bump of death?

4. Well, seems the person who sold me my wheel and sent the replacement for the broken bit doesn't actually want the stuff back, because I sent it out last week Thursday and it arrived back at my apartment today as "Undeliverable, Address Unknown" .. which is, in a way, very nice .. considering that last week Friday my wheel broke during the Mini race.
    As such, I now have a wheel again. .. If all goes well, I will be there for this race. Sadly, it doesn't look like many others will be.
    What's happening with these Mini races? Where IS everyone? Last week only 4/10 showed up.

5. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

Im up for it, put me down please.

6. I'm up for this. Though if it's another scorcher of a day like today, I might have to give it a miss and get the barbie going.

Yes 70 times over the hump!:unsure: That's bound to get messy.:)

7. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

i am gonna give this a try. Sign me up!

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Whee! No one crashed out!

9. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

First of all, I would like to say, I'm sorry I left. 13 minutes left is not much. But I just could not go on. The quick right-jump-right corner and the mini-chicane was just to much at the end. My wrists... It was like someone was putting 1K needles in each arm every time I turned my wheel.

Anyway, it was a great race. Dennis gave me a kiss on the first lap, Not enough force to get me of balance thou,

At first I thought I was never gonna be able to keep up with Peter and Mark. But you should never accept things that are not certain. Don't know exactly on what lap, but Mark made a mistake so it was an easy pass. Then I was just like a sticker on Peter for... I don't know... Many many many laps. On the exact same spot, I was right at hes back, And then he slowly got away. Lap after lap after lap. At some point I was able to pass him, after a tiny mistake he made. And then it was the other way around. He got close to me, I pulled away. Lap after lap after lap.

Peter went into the pit earlier than me. I decided to go for few more laps. Sure, grip was somewhat bad, and fuel was also something that slowly got low. 2-3 laps later I pitted. Came out right in front of Peter and the battle was right on for a long time. At lap 48, my wrist just said NO! and I had to release the wheel and at that point, also made a trip into the sand trap.

I tried to catch up, but I released I would not be able too. My wrist would just not let me.

Anyway, great race, great battles and a great experience overall. It was actually my first time I raced in a mini on this level. Sure a few times on public servers, but you how those ends.

I'm not sure I'm gonna sign up for these kind of long events again in the future.
    Shorter ones? Yeah, you bet!

Thank you Dennis for this!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sorry to hear about your wrists Daniel. You did good consistent racing while you lasted.

One big mistake out of 67 at the bump is pretty good but not good enough tonight against you guys.
    I fell behind but I was gradually getting getting back closer to you all and I pass Dennis as he goes off at bottom of hill. Get back to about 6 secs behind and I'm hopeful a slick pitstop will put me right behind Daniel and Pete. Then as we are going up hill - argh 0.56L fuel left! panic foot of gas cruise, 0.37L before bump, put it in neutral and the loose control and go of track. doh eventually manage to crawl to pits for fuel. Now 30 ish secs behind. lol. I'm sure though that you guys will make big mistakes and I'll catch you. Get it back to about 18 secs and now hoping that Daniel & Pete have stop & go penalties that will win me the race. The Daniel retires and Pete Bone kindly slows down so we can have a bit competition. And we do for a few laps until I realise I have no fuel again and with less than 2 mins to go:redface:. Idiot. So I pit for some and take 2nd place. I had the speed Pete but just not as consistent as you guys. Well done all and thanks for organising Dennis.

cya next time

Marko

• Like Like x 1