MINI League

I am not sure whether it helps, but I would love a Mini league as well, although I have never made it yet to one of the Friday events... (last one I NEARLY made it, but than a friend came to grap my old wheel and convert him into a new Race fan :) )

Oooooohhh you're missing out on a right royal treat there sir ... sign up this week and see, but make sure you leave space on the server for me else I'll be most upset. No matter whether you do well or not, its just a mad laugh out there ... had some fantastic 2 and 3 way duels, and everyone I have thus far raced has been a great sport ... stuff of legends :thumb:

TBH Bram has a good point there ... the Friday action is so much fun partially because everyone is generally quite light-hearted about it and it has no championship points resting upon it ... to add the points element would add more pressure to the event and then the dynamics of the whole thing would probably change and become a lot more serious ... probably the last thing we want on a Friday evening after a long hard week is serious and more stress ... :wink:

A seperate league would be better IMO, and leave the Friday mini's as more of a "fun run" event

The problem with organising leagues is not the fact to simply open up a room and parsing the result later on but the work behind the scenes. Planning, testing tracks, making rulebooks, watcing replays, moderating forums, debating race incidents with other race directors...
If you just organise races and maintain a standing, it will nice but in the end there is the risk that it gets totally out of control when some people react on leagues as a bull on a red flag. Nice exception is the Aussie RACE 07 league standings, but thats because aussies are laidback people i think :D

Yes but then we can parse the results in GPCOS as well :D Whats wrong with racing club events without points and just for fun?

Dont get me wrong i would hate to turn the mini event into some ultra competitive event where everyone is so focused on winning.

I was thinking along the lines of what Wally does with the Oceania events we still have fun in these but allows us to track our progress of sorts in a non league way and think that most of are grown up enough to realise we are still racing for fun i hope :thumb:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%