1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Zolder, Friday 12th July 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Mini
    Track: Zolder
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, WTCC '10

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Justin Swan
    2. Jean-Pierre Blanchy
    3. Gijs van Elderen
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#10Server is UP!
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Enjoyed this one last time..Sign me up please.
  3. Jempy

Premium Member

As my league Open Championship race is postponed to monday, due to 14th of july in France.... I feel like I'd make an effort to be present at this Racing Club ... RD where I began driving online with fair-play and passion.

So .... thanks for signing me up please.;)

I'll be present on TS too.

PS: is 19:30 GMT well 21:30 in Belgium ( Summer hour ) ?:unsure:
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

5. Jempy

Premium Member

So do I ... just believing and nearly sure but who knows ? :whistling:
    Thanks Dennis.
  6. If it is GMT that will be 20:30 BST (British Summer Time) and 21:30 CEST (Central European Summer Time) and Belgium should be in the Central European area just like Sweden, France and South Africa :)
  7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Yes, sign me up!

It has been a while... 80 min of fun... :D
  8. Jempy

Premium Member

Well ... I think I'll have a look here at 18.00 GMT in order to check that there are more sign up than only 3.
    I don't see the meaning of staying 80 minutes on a nearly empty track. :(

I'll be present if more sign up, else sorry ... and maybe till a next time ;)
  9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Ditto, I won't be starting if only 3 of us :(
  10. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

Im in if we get a few more, its a nice track and car combo.
  11. H34d5h07

No money, no team racing.

I love this track. But not a big fan of the cars. Sorry. no sign up for me.
  12. Jempy

Premium Member

I'll be there anyway +- 19:15 on the server.

Enough drivers ( let's say 6 ;)) and we do the full 80 minutes race.
    Less drivers, may we drive for 40 minutes just for the fact we did prepare the race and wish to have a bit of fun anyway. :laugh:
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Four of us were there for the race. I was very tired, having just driven back from a trip with my wife and fought off sleep but made it to the end having only made one cut and luckily not even getting a warning for it. Gijs was on top at the end after a great drive!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jempy

Premium Member

4 on track 4 a race of 80 minutes ... 4 the fun ;)

Thanks to all ( or nearly all ;) ) to have the patience to wait for the finish line. :thumbsup:
    2 quick guys ... 2 slower elders for a grid.

I had a good start, a 1st good lap overtaking Gijs after his very very little mistake to get 2nd place for just .... 1 lap.
    Next one, he already took back his place gaining seconds after seconds but remaining at +- 3 seconds behind Pete at the lead.
    For the rest of the race, 1 cut warning in the 1st half of race before pitstop ... but 2 more afterwards, 1 stop&go ... before ... next one :roflmao:

Dank U, Gijs, op ons te hebben gewacht om opnieuw samen op de track te zijn.
    'Thanks to you, Gijs, for waiting for us at the end of race in order to be together again on track.' :thumbsup:

And thanks Dennis for spending my evening and your afternoon for a chat on TS ... and our arrival side by side on the finish line. :whistling: .... just for fun.... and this picture:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

although it was only the 4 of us, i had great fun.

first the hunt at Pete after a bad first lap. it was really pitty he quit at the pitstop.
    Because I had a plan: to maintain the 3 sec gap, taking care of the tires. and then push hard when he entered the pitline. I will never know if it would have worked. :(

anyway i had great fun. first when i said "hey" to the guys, when i got behind them: i saw dennis mis his breaking point in the distance and Jean-pierre went so wide through the corner.

then i made an extra pitstop, to do some hot lapping on fresh tires. and yes a had beaten me quali lap time in the last lap. :D

PS: Dennis and Jean-pierre: great photo-finish ;)
  17. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

Well, i wasn't what you would call calm after that race, i managed to squeeze past Gijs and take the lead early on, i figured id have to get the move done and then drive a 3 meter wide Mini for the rest of the race.

My plan was the same as ever, go half way then pit and do another 40 minute stint. Trouble was i dived into the pits then got up for a wee and pulled the power wire out of my Homehub.

I was fuming. I dont know if i would have been able to hold Gijs off but we were doing fairly similar lap times and making about the same amount of mistakes so it would have been a good contest.

Ill be a bit more careful next time, and maybe a little less drunk......:O_o:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Truly a shame Pete. The times from Quali were so close and we were watching the race closely in the back as the two dots, slmost one, circulated and we certainly wondered what happened to you.
    Good time to re-route those cables!
    • Like Like x 1