1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday @ Valencia, Friday, 13 March 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: Mini
    Track: Valencia
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Ivan Fojan
    3. -Damian Millet
    4. -Björn Golda
    5. -Nelson Ullinskey
    6. -Aaron Channer
    7. -John Grant
    8. -Reggie Blain
    9. -Reggie Blain Snr
    10. -Robert Covey
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201511):
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  2. Mondyrocks

Ivan Fojan Premium Member

Sign me up please Dennis. As long as I'm not working late I'm in :)
  3. EireGreen™

Premium Member

I´m in Dennis.:thumbsup:
  4. Damo

Premium Member

Yes plz.

Damo :0)
  5. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

In as well :)
  6. Sign me up please.
  7. Yes please Dennis
  8. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

lets ride them high, sign up pls
  9. im in please.
  10. Björn

Heya Nuno - as per a recent change, taking part in RD's events and leagues now requires a premium membership. We'd be glad to see you return in all golden user name letters ;)
  11. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

add my dad and i please
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Was hoping to run the AC event in the cough and **** (they so nailed the sound) BMW but missed it. However with a free afternoon I can't say no to running around with everyone in the Minis so sign me up. On another note, I am in Canada so Eastern time zone. We have already jumped forward for DST so if someone could let me know race start time in my zone I would appreciate it. I don't understand how RD doesn't have a live real time clock in the header of the site. It is such a small code change and it would certainly save myself and I'm sure others trying to figure out times especially at this time of year with DST happening at different times in different areas.
  13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Robert Covey Official practice, P2 will begin at 4:00pm Eastern. Don't worry the Euro's will be making the same change soon and we'll be back to normal..
  14. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Thank you Dennis appreciate it. Time zones are so damn confusing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. EireGreen™

Premium Member

Hey Guy´s, Sorry have to sign out.I wish you a nice Race-Event.

16. Björn

Good fun as usual :)

Hadn't quite the speed of Nelson & Aaron, let alone Reggie's pace - qualified in P4 and had a fairly good start, but running out of tarmac in T1, I had to slow down a bit, which got Reggie Snr and Damo by.
    A few laps & nice small fights in, I was back in 4th place, chasing after Aaron and Nelson who were losing time battling each other. While I could hang on to them, there was no way of getting past them.
    At about halftime, I went into the pits and, for a change, chose to go with two tyres only. I then immediately regretted that decision, and while I got used to it after a while, Nelson and Aaron easily pulled away, handling the uneven rubbers way better - P4 in the end.

Thanks for racing everyone, see you next time!
    • Like Like x 3
  17. I started second, but Aaron was real good about getting around me in the first turn. I still had the speed I used in qualifying, so I was quick to catch him. We had a fantastic battle, but Bjorn caught us, I had an off and was relegated to fourth. Hoping to get a jump on Aaron and Bjorn, I opted for two tyres only find out my opponents had done the same! I passed Bjorn easily and tackled the monumental task of catching Aaron. Once I was behind him, I found it was too hard to pass, he was defending his line exceptionally well. So I had to settle for third. Great fun, and I am sorry for the few times I bumped you Aaron.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Guess I should have stuck to AC today. Had no stable setup just the default.
    Surprisingly I managed to be quick enough in qualifying to start 6th on the grid.
    Troubles for me started right off the line. Forgot to put the car in gear and just sat there as everyone drove away. Got in gear and headed off at the tail end of the pack. Had a nice back and forth battle with @Ivan Fojan through lap 1 and made a nice move on him at the start of lap 2.

That was basically the highlight of my day. Little mistakes here and there saw me at the rear of the field again and then a cat decided to lay on my keyboard (ESC key) putting me as a DNF with 5 minutes to go.

We all have good days and bad days but today mine was total senior day. Going to have to make sure I spend a few hours working to get a decent static setup for this car. Great racing by everyone today. Till next time :)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

On entering the server I noticed that most drivers were already faster than I was last time driving here. My first outings didn't do anything to show I could even match those earlier times. I got a long enough stint in during P2 to find the problem and when I made the change I was a bit quicker, not much, but the car had a tad more grip and was more stable.

Quali was a lap on race fuel, just a lap and it indicated that my change was good.

A start from behind Robert held me up a bit but not to matter, I made it through T1!
    Bjorn, Reg and Damo ahead and I could see I was losing ground in tiny amounts. I didn't push but watched as Bjorn picked them off and watched Snr make a couple of booboo's that brought him within range. A good few laps of racing with Snr was fun but I was glad to get ahead. Still running by the numbers I was amazed to see Damo losing ground to me, tire problems? The plan was to catch him up and then pit but he surprised me with a stop! At that point I had been turning in my fastest laps but with in one lap it was obvious, grip had gone. A solid pitstop for four tires somehow got me back out just 2.1 seconds in front of Damo and Snr, no idea how. They talked and raced, fussing over space on the track and nothing that race leader Reggie said could keep Snr out of hot water. I kept punching out laps by the numbers opening the gap to 10.1 seconds by the end of the race.

Thanks all for the TS participation, it sure makes for great races, even when I'm not stirring up conversation!

I'm off for a drive across America and back, coast to coast, I'll see you all when I get back in about two weeks.

Just keep it rubber side down please.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mondyrocks

Ivan Fojan Premium Member

Thoroughly enjoyed it, as usual. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of things. I managed to post some lap times that were fairly competitive, just need to practice my set ups!
    Anyway, it was a lovely fair race, with lots of good chit chat going on!
    See you all soon :)
    • Like Like x 3