1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mini Friday @ Sturup Raceway, Friday, 15 August 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Track: Sturup
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, STCC

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. David Hudson
    3. Alex Odell
    4. David Kingshott
    5. James Price-Harper
    6. Tobias Liesaus
    7. Morne Du Plooy
    8. Nuno Rodrigues
    9. Reik Major
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. In

3. Wow, I wonder which recreational drug (or drugs cocktail) the guy who designed this track was on?

Looks, erm, interesting

4. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

I'm in

5. I should be good for this Dennis

6. That seems a shame guys, can not participate this Friday for work items, see the following.
    Greetings.

• Love Love x 1
  7. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

It's a "mini-maybe" ;)

EDIT
    Uh-oh. Likely won't make it.
    Story time: With my current PC over 4 years old (and both the case and PSU weighing in at 8 years), I decided to go for a pretty good offer and ordered a new one yesterday. Apparently, the current one noticed and/or I ordered at the exact right time - a mere hour afterwards, I planned to do some offline laps at Nords (because why not? ;)) and the whole PC crashed with the "AMD Northbridge" being the culprit according to the Event Log - not exactly good news.
    Tried updating, BIOS, drivers, etc, but to no avail - I actually didn't try any other tracks, but with the Northbridge involved, that doesn't quite seem like a possible solution/explanation.
    Soooo.. if I can't fix it up this afternoon, I'm likely out of racing (interestingly enough, normal Windows usage works just fine) until at least the weekend/whenever the new machine arrives.

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Never... EVER... let your old PC/car/washing machine hear you say you're getting a new one!

• Haha Haha x 2
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Sorry guys, I have to bail on today,s race. One of our dogs has to be taken to the vet's for a small problem. I'll be back tomorrow. I hope a few more show for you.

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. I'm confused Dennis, the race is tomorrow. It's Thursday today.

11. I'll build up the numbers. In

12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

My bad, I thought I was in the Thursday thread. It was just a note to say I wold not be there, not to imply that the race was cancelled. Sorry for any problem.

13. Oh, that is why you weren't there for today's race. I certainly hope your dog is okay, and I wish alll of you in the Mini Friday event a fun and incident free race :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. sign me up please :)

15. Age does terrible things to the mind, I speak from experience.
    This morning I kissed the cat and patted the wife's head :)

I hope your dog is well and look forward to finishing tonights race without any wheel issues.

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Thanks all, the dog is fine, we just had too bring him in over concerns that there might be a physical issue causing him to not get housebroken.

• Like Like x 2
  17. My status of in will depend on if i can get my computer up and running before tonight. Those downloads can be a bitch.

18. Morne Du Plooy

Morne Du Plooy
    Premium Member

Hey guys. I'd like to join tonight, but where do i get the track from? it's not on RD and I've bought all the expansion packs for race 07.

Please someone point me to it... then I'm in :)

19. i dont know for sure, if i can make it.

20. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Heya - the track's part of STCC1, available on Steam right here. Maybe it's not installed?