1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Friday - Sim Challenge @ Thunder Forest (Loop) - Fri 24th of September

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Hugo Hekkenberg, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiniFriday1.png

Server Name:
    Class: Mini Cooper
    Thunder Forest (Download)
    Official Practice: 19:00GMT, 30 minutes
    Qualification: 10 minutes (superpole)
    Warm-up: 5 minutes
    Race: 19:45 GMT, 60 minutes
    Sim settings:

1. Auto gears = Off
    2. View = Cockpit only
    Most important RD golden rules:

• Only sign up if you are sure you can participate.
    • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director.
    • No cutting in any sessions.
    • If you hit another driver, wait and give back his position
    • No chatting during Qualify or Race. Even sorry isn't needed. Do it after the qualify or race session.
    • No abusive language during any sessions.
    • Listen to the race director at all times.
    • If you feel harmed by an accident caused by a other driver you can use the incident report option. Send the Incident report to the race director through PM.
    • If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts. If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.
    • 5 minutes before the qualify strats the grid is closed!
    • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director
    • Read and understand the RD rules! Click here

You have to confirm the golden rules if you sign up for this event. The sign up format is:

• Drivername: your name
    • I understand the Golden rules: YES
    If the racing staff don't see this in your sign up request, you won't see your name in the sign up list!
    We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organizer a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

The Mini Friday skin pack

Is your name not yet on the list? click here to upload the skin​
  2. Entry List (no reserves)

1. Philip Antonia
    2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    3. nisse andersson
    4. Dave Gardner
    5. Ross Garland
    6. Jakob de Boer
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    • Drivername: Philip Antonia
    • I understand the Golden rules: YES
  3. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

Drivername: Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    I understand the Golden rules : yes

dwl skin
  4. drivername:nisse andersson
    I understand the golden rules: yes
  5. Drivername: chris rigby
    I understand the Golden rules: YES
  6. Please dont sign me up i thought the race was saturday sorry
  7. •Drivername: Dave Gardner
    •I understand the Golden rules: YES

sign me up please.
  8. Drivername: Ross Garland

My skin: Download

If the race is the full 60 mins this time, are we going to need to pit for fuel? The game says a full tank will give me 33 laps which, based on my current lap times, would leave me a number of laps short. However, XD reports that a full tank could potentially get me to the end of the race on fumes... assuming I maintain the same pace throughout. Which is correct? :confused:
  9. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

10. •Drivername: Jakob de Boer
    •I understand the Golden rules: YES
  11. Skinpack is updated and the server is running...

Maybe ill join you guys tonight :D
  12. my calculation indicate that you can do 60 min on 50 liters off fuel
  13. ok beem me eh.... sign me up plzzz
    Driver name: Marcus Johansson
  14. come in all :D
  15. Great track, but pretty brutal. When I finally totalled after nearly 30 laps there were only four runners remaining! I was already in last thanks to having to pit, but I was hoping to at least finish. Maybe next time. :(

On another note, I don't want to sound like an arse but don't the rules say NO chatting during quali and race? That should probably mean that you shouldn't be saying your goodbyes if your crash out. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it VERY distracting.
  16. What a frigging disaster!!!:mad:

I'd stayed up after coming home this morning from work to take my Mum out shopping as she can no longer get out on her own after her stroke. Didn't get home until after picking the kids up from school. Had dinner and they then went to club at 6. I'd now been up 25 hours and decided to pop my gaming rig on and watch a little bit of the F1 practice b4 joining server early as I didn't know this track.

Doh! I had fallen asleep on the sofa and it was now 20 past 8 and I hadn't even installed the track yet!! Joined with a few mins left of practice and I managed about 2 laps b4 qual.

Crashed a couple of times on qual lap, so decided I'd carefully learn the track at the back of the pack.

Managed to keep with the pack after the first couple of laps and gradually picked up a few places. Then made big mistake at the very narrow bit and flipped the car. As the game reset me on track and hadn't realised I was facing the wrong way and found myself heading straight towards Nisse and Dave. Luckily I was not on the racing line so no harm caused, but it was a pretty silly situation!! Anyway plodded on and got back past Dave when he retired and then past Nisse. Eventually found myself running a distant 2nd to Hugo with Nisse behind me. Was considering not stoping as tire wear seemed ok. Then as I was going into a bit of a daydream I ran wide at turn 5 and had a big hit. The engineer said "damage is not repairable, your race is over" :frown:. So I pulled over took my earphones off and waited to be taken back to the pit screen.

Then I realised I could still hear my engine running and I put it in gear and pressed my accelerater and it started to move!!! Popped my head phones back on and drove away very confused!! The car was now crabbing to the left and I no longer needed 6th gear:redface:, but I was going to plod on and try to finish. I was running 4th (last runner by now) until 14 mins from the end when my smoking cars engine came to a grinding halt out of T1 :love-over:.

Oh well, I tried :)

Sorry guys for not arriving prepared, but it was an experience. Now off to rest my wrist as it hurts after driving for 20mins with my wheel pulling at a 45 degree angle!!
  17. Real sorry for the Chat won´t ever happen again. i Know the rule just forgot, real sorry :(
  18. yes, i totally forgot about chat guys, really sorry Ross.

i assure you it won't happen again.
  19. Yup , please dont chat during race, i spun because off it, major damage and flat tires....
    So i needed to pit....... leaving Hugo way ahead off me
    Does someone have Replay file for me ,
    i reallt want to look at the crash i had with Marcus.......
    Mayby it was my own fault.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.