• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

EU Mini Friday. Shall we continue or put it on hold?

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by quicksilver384, Mar 3, 2017.

Continue with the MINI Friday events??

Poll closed Mar 14, 2017.
  1. Yes

70.0%
  2. No

30.0%
  1. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    OK guys. Tonights race although fun was rather low turnout. I have a feeling it is because of just finishing the Mini league so with that said do you want to continue with the mini friday events or try something different for a few weeks??

2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,238
    I voted yes because I've always loved the close racing of the Mini events. That said, I haven't actually raced them in AMS because I'm not usually free on Friday evenings at the moment. (That might change soon.) Perhaps attendance will drop for a short while because people are taking a break after the championship? It might pick up in a few weeks as people want to get back to the fun. Even if they're dropped as a permanent feature, maybe run them once a month or something. Be a shame if they disappeared completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,308
    I seem to remember we had a drop after season 9 too, then numbers went up again... Ross idea seems quite good to me, switch between Minis and 'something else' for a while, but Mini Friday only once a month seems really low to me; every 2 weeks would seems more reasonable!
    What I like about the Mini Fridays is that you can easily come in practice and forget about the week, no need to practice a difficult combo a few days in advance...:whistling: So the 'something else' could be the new ARC Camaro, the Clios, some karts maybe? (The Caterham and F3 are already successful on other evenings...)

4. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +751
    Swapping cars sounds like a good idea to me. The Clios would be great now that the problems have we ironed out?

5. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,413
    I enjoy the minis, but I didn't sign up because I think 80 minutes is too long a race for these. Two 30 minute races would be much better, as these usually get boring as soon as the pitstops happen. Have a reverse grid race 2 and it'll be much better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer XB1 Gamertag RIPDazza8405 Premium

Ratings:
    +634
    I would love to do the mini races but sadly can't race Fridays. Maybe swap days with Thursday every now and again :)

7. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,458
    MINI Friday never dies :inlove: Once my foot is ready, ill come back and kick all of your behinds.

• Love Love x 3
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,413
    What, and break it again on my iron butt?
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,323
    I plan to race in Mini Fridays regularly, so please don't get rid of it :D I also personally like the endurance factor.

10. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    Well, they could still be Mini Friday with some slight variation. Perhaps half the time is the 80 Minute and the other half are two shorter races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. k_badam

k_badam
    Yer Nan

Ratings:
    +101
    We could replace it with something like SuperV8s, Formula Truck or even some V10 F1s in there.

12. Papy_Yosh

Papy_Yosh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +17
    I like the idea between the 2x 30 min and the reverse grid on the second. switching with the Clio or something similar every other week could be an option too

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    Well thanks for the feedback guys. We have been having a chat and think we may have found something to tickle ones fancy. Keep an eye out :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    Did someone say super v8!!??

I have become quite fond of those beasts and they will always hold a special place in my heart :)

15. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +236
    I want to come back next week but have been busy with workload and this week rebuilding the cockpit pedals!

Maybe we should switch different classes and cars but maintain the mini Friday date!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,534
    kick my butt and tickle my fancy, this sounds interesting let me think about that for a while,

17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,729
    Yeah, right.

18. John Brandow

John Brandow
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    I love the mini fridays.